SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-24-2013, 01:37 AM   #1
Midnight13
Midnight13 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL
2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Goodbye Vue :( But not Goodbye Saturnfans!

It was a tough decision, but we traded the Vue in for a 2009 Honda Pilot.

We recently had the recall reflash performed as the past few months we were getting the symptoms described in the recall letter.Things smoothed out, but a few days ago, we noticed the rpm's sticking at 3000.Just seemed like it didn't want to shift.I posted before about a squeak. We tried everything to diagnose it ourselves,and had mechanics try to diagnose it.After the reflash, the noise was there, but was different. It's hard to explain, but think transmission related. We've replaced so many things on it over the years. The brakes just got replaced for the 4th time in 3 yrs, the bearings twice, endlinks, a sensor, battery, center support bearing, back brakes. It had 148k miles on it. We needed something younger with less miles as this is our family vehicle, and can't be left stranded especially as we have 2 kids.

I've been wanting something bigger, for quite a while. I realized June '12 , that when I had my mom and sister in the Vue, What would we do if we all needed to go somewhere again. After the baby I was carrying was born? My dh and son were in the Vue too.We now can't take more than one passenger, and hope they can fit between kid seats and the door!

It was kinda a no brainer that I wanted the Pilot. It has basically the same motor as in my Vue. Never had an issue with the motor itself on the Vue.

Our friend worked at Saturn, then Honda when Saturn closed. They've been close friends for years. They bought themselves a Pilot last fall, and I was in love when they let me drive it! For being heavier, it still has an excellent get up and go, and passes the idiots with ease. I even sat in the 2013 Pilot at the Auto Show here this past Feb. and have been drooling ever since.

We were trying to wait until next Aug when it was completely paid off, and then tried to wait until we got taxes back in Feb to pay off what little there would be.We couldn't wait. The problems outweighed the risk with our 2 kids with the winter coming.

So goodbye Midnight, and we welcome Maverick to the family!

I wasn't thrilled about the poor trade in. It left 700. However, It was priced 2400 below bluebook.We got 300 off just from the online pricing and we opted for the extended warranty and got 1100 off with employee pricing even though he no longer works there. We also got the Simonizing glass coat and teflon coating on the interior with employee pricing too, a couple hundred and if the kids spill something (or puke like my son did in the sl a few weeks ago) and it can't be cleaned, they will reupholster it for free. So it still worked out great in the end.

It's a 2009, but with only 38k miles on it. That's what sold us on it!! There was a 2011 there,same color I wanted, and it was 2k more, and had 70k miles on it! So 2 yrs older didn't matter, as the body style still looks the same anyways.

One less Saturn, however I still have my 98 SL. She has been with me now for 7 yrs 9/22/13 My 70 Camaro i've had for 11 yrs, but not nearly driven as much, so i'd still want to say, that this SL has been the best car that i've ever owned. Sorry Midnight I will still always recommend a Vue to anyone who asks. They really are dependable vehicles. I'd just have to say to anyone, to watch them as they get up there in miles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg saturn3.jpg (64.1 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg saturn2.jpg (131.2 KB, 32 views)

"Not for human consumption!" - Peas in the Pod

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Peas-in-a-Pod/160649663950771

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Midnight13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Midnight13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Midnight13 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2013, 01:43 AM   #2
Routs
Routs is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Goodbye Vue :( But not Goodbye Saturnfans!

Congrats on the new wheels. I think we will see more and more of the old guard moving on with their Vue's over the next couple of years. Glad you will still be around though.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Routs's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Routs reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Routs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #3
Midnight13

1998 SL
2005 VUE 3.5L

As long as someone doesn't hit my SL and wreck it, I have no intentions of parting with it! So of course i'll be here

The SL isn't our main family vehicle, so if it's down til it's repaired, then so be it. Parts for that are still way cheaper than for the Vue. I can still find motors or transaxles everywhere around me.Those would be the only things of concern. Besides some on the rear door sills, it's rust free!

And if someone ever did wreck it, there would be an Ion Redline in it's place

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Midnight13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #4
Tom92SCm
Master Member
Tom92SCm has a spectacular aura aboutTom92SCm has a spectacular aura about

2004 VUE 2.2L

What's that glass coat that you mentioned?

Good move on the Pilot.

Not a Saturn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tom92SCm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tom92SCm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tom92SCm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
Midnight13

1998 SL
2005 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom92SCm View Post
What's that glass coat that you mentioned?

Good move on the Pilot.
This Simonize Glass Coat.. it has had a mixed review when you google it.
It's a $500-$1000 option most people believe the dealer just tries to sucker you in for.

It's not just a wax, like most people think, but a glass resin. How it was described to us, normal paint on a vehicle is 10 microns..this stuff adds 3. It protects your paint. It beads up water, like wax does. When bird droppings or sap gets on it, it can actually be removed.I know i've had both on my Vue, as I live in the country, and it sucks getting it off!

With this Simonize, we also got the interior done. It's this teflon coating they put all over the interior. It kinda feels like armorall. This is supposed to be a protectant from spills. If something cannot be cleaned, the dealer will actually reupholster whatever was stained..seat, or carpet.

We got the employee price of $302 on both these things. Personal experience from other workers at the dealer, said the glass coat has been on for 2 yrs on their vehicles, and they never had to wax them, that it still shines like new and water still beads off. It's worth the small investment for us! We have a 4 yr old, and an almost 1 yr old, and just a few weeks ago, a BK burger made my son puke all over the seats in my SL

Hope I answered your question.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-27-2013, 03:42 PM   #6
Leonard1818
Leonard1818 will become famous soon enoughLeonard1818 will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 3.5L

Congrats on the Pilot. What's your U/N over on Piloteers.org?

Being a Honda driver my whole life, the Pilot is a shoe-in for our next vehicle (to replace the Vue as my wife's DD). I'm waiting until we see what the '15 pilot (new body style) will bring and then I'll either pull the trigger on a '14 or go with the '15.

One more thing -- shoulda pulled those side steps off of the VUE before trade-in and sold them to me!!

Hope you enjoy your Pilot! See you over at Piloteers!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Leonard1818's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Leonard1818 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Leonard1818 is offline   Reply With Quote