SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is just really niceRobertGary1 is just really niceRobertGary1 is just really niceRobertGary1 is just really niceRobertGary1 is just really nice

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Interior door handle

I'm trying to locate a new interior door handle. The stuff I see on ebay doesn't look like mine. Do I have some strange aftermarket interior?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (129.4 KB, 24 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RobertGary1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RobertGary1 is online now   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2013, 10:29 PM   #2
billcuff
billcuff has a spectacular aura aboutbillcuff has a spectacular aura about

1999 SW2
Default Re: Interior door handle

I used to have a 93 SL1 and I think it looked like yours. I maybe wrong.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billcuff's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billcuff reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billcuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
wi111y
Advanced Member
wi111y is on a distinguished road

1995 SL
1995 SW2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGary1 View Post
I'm trying to locate a new interior door handle. The stuff I see on ebay doesn't look like mine. Do I have some strange aftermarket interior?
Got a '96 SC2, had a tan interior...I think the handles still black. might be able to pull one for you and send it to you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wi111y's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wi111y reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wi111y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 11:19 PM   #4
RobertGary1
Master Member
RobertGary1 is just really niceRobertGary1 is just really niceRobertGary1 is just really niceRobertGary1 is just really niceRobertGary1 is just really nice

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Oh, looking at 95's I see my handle. Odd.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help RobertGary1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-12-2013, 11:52 PM   #5
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Should be no surprise; it's a gen-1 body.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 02:20 AM   #6
RobertGary1
Master Member

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Should be no surprise; it's a gen-1 body.
It's surprising that when I look at 96's they don't look like mine. Maybe the interior on SC trailed the SL/SW by a year?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-13-2013, 02:22 AM   #7
Macgyver
Advanced Member
Macgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMacgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMacgyver has a spectacular aura about

1995 SC2
2001 SL1

It looks pretty close to this, but you need a driver side. You have manual locks which was less common than auto locks. The 1st gen seem to have completely different door handle assemblies from manual to auto unlike the 2nd gen which just used a small cover if you didnít have auto locks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1991-1994-SA...1361a0&vxp=mtr

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Macgyver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Macgyver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 04:41 AM   #8
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

Quote:
It's surprising that when I look at 96's they don't look like mine. Maybe the interior on SC trailed the SL/SW by a year?
Why is it surprising that a '96 SC1/SC2 with a 1st gen everything except gauge cluster (and electronics upgraded to OBD II) has 1st gen door handles?
They kinda did the same thing in 2000 for the coupes, kept the 2nd gen exterior and just swapped the entire interior to 3rd gen.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 08:17 AM   #9
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2

Quote:
Maybe the interior on SC trailed the SL/SW by a year?
Yes, and the exterior.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #10
RobertGary1
Master Member

1996 SC2
2006 VUE 3.5L

I found one on eBay. $30 shipped. It's a bit steep but mine is broken at the plastic frame where the handle hinges so it affects the door operation. I figure its under too much stress when pulled to expect long term success with superglue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!