SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2013, 12:40 PM   #1
rabidfarmhand
rabidfarmhand is on a distinguished road

Default Loss of mpg=?

I have a '02 SL2 with 225k on it. I recently replaced the intake manifold coolant return with Carsaturn aluminum part. After that was finished, noticed a cracked radiator and replaced it also. Car runs as it did before the repairs, which is fairly good considering the milage. The problem is now my mpg has dropped to an average "maybe" 28mpg. Where as before the repair work, I never ever got below 30 mpg and 9 out of 10 tanks I averaged 33 mpg. There are some codes that have been showing. The first is P0410 which is secondary air injection code. This one I'm not worried about, its been on for a while and did not affect mileage before the repair. Besides, i cleaned all parts related to the code and it checked all good, which leaves removing the exhaust manifold to clean in order for that code to clear, which i don't plan on doing. The other 2 codes are P0113 and P0133 which are air temp and oxygen sensor codes. My questions are what are these related to?( it may be something i damaged during the repairs) and would it affect mpg so drastically? It just seems car is running well as usual but gas mileage dropped off a ledge. I don't like it so if anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate any super genious input. Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rabidfarmhand's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rabidfarmhand reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rabidfarmhand is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to behold

1996 SC2
1997 SW2
Default Re: Loss of mpg=?

Probably left the intake air temp sensor unplugged (outside of the filterbox, somewhat under the radiator support when installed) and maybe missed putting the groud(s) back on for the O2 sensors. Should be 2 open loop wires, one maybe loose and I'm not sure how it'd be setup on a 3rd gen with the odd head.

My collection of S-Series info: "https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5D8XfJgavxrdE5mcHBlMG5rbUU&usp=sharing" (copy & paste between quotes)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote