SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2013, 12:31 AM   #1
ericfragola
ericfragola is on a distinguished road

1998 SL1
Post Fix for tail light fuse constantly blowing

Hey guys, a while ago the red 10 amp fuse for my tail lights kept blowing constantly. I would know because when driving at night, the dash lights would go out. the dash lights are linked to the tail lights, so it wasnt a big deal if i couldnt really see my instrument cluster, but you will get pulled over for only having on headlights and no other lights what so ever. I had a problem with it for the longest time. Then magically, when it stopped happening, my daytime running lights stopped working. Turns out it was the Daytime Running Light relay. The relay deals with the tail light circuit, and when the relay would internally fault, it would cause too much power to go to my lights and cause the fuse to blow. I replaced the relay, now my daytime running lights works and haven't had any problems since. Took me about 6 months to figure out, and has been good for about a year now, figured id share my fix with everyone else

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ericfragola's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ericfragola reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ericfragola is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links