SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2013, 01:49 PM   #1
SC2driver2002
SC2driver2002 is on a distinguished road

Default My check engine light came on and got 6 different codes... Please help

My car has had 6 different codes thrown the codes are as follows:
P0442,P0128,P0327,P0341,P0410,P1620
I have looked up all these codes and know what they mean. I know I will need to change the thermostat since two different codes pointed to that, but what I don't know what to do is how to check if the PCM is messed up since that is a possibility from one of these codes. The car runs perfectly fine I have not noticed and change in performance or acceleration and the temp gauge reads normal. One thing I noticed is that the fuel economy has dipped recently probably because there is a small leak in the air pump. I guess what I really need help with is finding an air pump and the one way check valve and how to check if those are part of the problem. Is it possible that my PCM is just messed up in general and thats why its throwing the codes? Please help it would be very much so appreciated

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2driver2002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2driver2002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2driver2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2013, 02:46 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2
Default Re: My check engine light came on and got 6 different codes... Please help

Fix the thermostat, STANT 14279 not the MOTORAD that includes the outlet housing. Then change the plugs and wires to get rid of the 341. Pull the PCM B fuse and see what comes back. There will be a repeat offender.

This will get you started on the AIR system. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIrmkxj6wJE Parts are best found at the J/Y except for the diverter valve and it is a bit expensive so a good one from the J/Y is worth a shot if it is clean.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:39 PM   #3
SC2driver2002
SC2driver2002 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: My check engine light came on and got 6 different codes... Please help

So change the spark plugs and wires you mean? I just want to be sure about what to change.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2driver2002's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2driver2002 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2driver2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #4
BV22
Master Member
BV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of light

2002 SC1

Plugs and wires cause the P0341 code, so yes, replace them. Use the NGK copper plugs and a mid-priced, direct fit wire set. P0442 is usually gas cap related, and sometimes, just tightening the cap will fix the problem. I second the recommendation on the Richpin video for the air pump system. The system is not all that complicated, but the prices of the parts can add up if you start replacing things unnecessarily.

BV22
2002 SC1 5M
298k 10/17

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BV22's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BV22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BV22 is offline   Reply With Quote