SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #1
Moosez
Moosez is on a distinguished road

Default How to get visor clips off?? have pics

I have a Saturn SC 2. I have taken the headliner down to replace the fabric. I am ready to put it back up but my sunroof is leaking rainwater all in the driver's seat. The motor works fine but the track is messed up. I can't afford to get a new track for the sunroof. I just want to realign it so it's tight and closed. Problem is, in order to get the torx screws to take out the sunroof I need to get the visor off. These metal clips (attached pics) are what's stopping me from sliding the visor off. With the visor on I can get to two torx screws but not the third. Please help. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3381.jpg (60.9 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3380.jpg (66.0 KB, 16 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Moosez's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Moosez reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Moosez is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-2013, 03:11 PM   #2
Macgyver
Advanced Member
Macgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMacgyver has a spectacular aura aboutMacgyver has a spectacular aura about

1995 SC2
2001 SL1
Default Re: How to get visor clips off?? have pics

I replaced the headliner in a Saturn with a sunroof before and I remember bending the thin metal track to remove the plastic door cover as I couldnít get to the bolts either. I then just slid the door back in and pushed the metal back.

Since the roof was also broken and leaking for me as well; I didnít want to spend hundreds to replace the motor and seals. I caulked the window shut from the top of the car. You can buy some clear silicone and seal it easily for around $5.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Macgyver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Macgyver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Macgyver is offline   Reply With Quote