SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
dhoenisch
dhoenisch has a spectacular aura aboutdhoenisch has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC1
Default New guy with an '02 SC1

Good evening all. I just purchased a 2002 Saturn SC1 this evening.

Little background first...

Though I have always respected the Saturn, I have never desired one. Never thought of ever owning one, never figured I'd ever like them. About four years ago, I drove my friend's wife's 1997 Saturn SL2 for a day, and while I felt claustrophobic in the car, I had a bit of a liking to the car, but again, I never thought I could own one.

Well, after driving a Crown Victoria for the past four years and spending on average $300 a month on gas, I gave that car to my parents where it will just stay local, and sold one of my two motorcycles to purchase a more fuel efficient car before Fall came. After I sold the bike (last week), I went looking for a 4-cyl car. The cars I found either had very high mileage, the car was a rust bucket, or the seller was jerking me around to the point where I wouldn't take the car if they gave it to me for free.

A guy that lives less than a mile from me listed his 2002 SC1 on Craigslist, and he was selling it for what I sold the bike for. I went to check it out, and was a bit more impressed with it than the SL2, mainly because I didn't feel so claustrophobic in the car. Maybe it's because of the larger door/windows, or maybe the 2002 has more leg room than the '97. I don't know, but I told the guy I would think about it. After more jerking around from other car sellers, I decided I would settle on his car.

So at 7:30 this evening, I became the owner of a 2002 Saturn SC1 with 110k miles (higher than I would care for, but I know Saturn has a great rep for going over 200K easily) for $2500. Not sure if that's a god deal or not, but compared to what I've seen around, it was good enough for me.

So, I hope this car will grow on me, and I hope to learn more about this car, as well as add my two cents where possible.

Thanks all,
Dan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dhoenisch's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dhoenisch reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dhoenisch is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2013, 07:15 AM   #2
BV22
Master Member
BV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of lightBV22 is a glorious beacon of light

2002 SC1
Default Re: New guy with an '02 SC1

Welcome to Saturnfans. I drive a clone of your new car. Bought it in 2006. Mine has 212,000 miles on it now. You have come to the right place for advice and support to keep yours going that long too. Check the engine oil level often until you know the consumption rate. And read the new or returning owners sticky for lots of great, general information about these cars.

BV22
2002 SC1 5M
298k 10/17

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BV22's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BV22 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BV22 is online now   Reply With Quote