SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Reference Forums > Mods and Performance
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-27-2003, 09:36 PM   #1
SuperSaturn
SuperSaturn is on a distinguished road

Default Air Ride?

I would like to get air ride on my car because i am so tired of fu**ing up my body kit. Does anyone have any info they might pass along? Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SuperSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SuperSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-2003, 09:44 PM   #2
Privateer
Privateer is on a distinguished road

there's a member on some of the boards, Kaci i believe, who has bags on her coupe. She's usually more than happy to pass along information on it. i know for sure she's on xtremesaturn.com, but not sure about the others.
Here is her cardomain site
http://www.cardomain.com/id/onelowsatu

later
P

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Privateer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Privateer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2003, 01:11 AM   #3
SC2000
SC2000 is on a distinguished road

i dunno if they make any kits so you'll have to get mounts made, but basically you need valves(one to fill and one to dump) the air, you could do 4 and control the front and back seperately or do 8 and have front/back/side/side, then you need an air tank and compressor, all the fittings, and then the all important bags, for cars most people use struts or air cylinders, look on ebay for kits and then have a shop make your mounts

ive often thought about bagging our saturn, it seems pretty easy actually, pretty much the mounts are the only fabbing needed, everything just goes right in, unlike my truck, i think everything in a car can stay where it is, anybody know if anything needs to be relocated

p.s. my truck took more damage from being bagged then when it was lowered and scrapping on speedbumps, something about throwing sparks gets to you

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2000's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2000 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-28-2003, 01:12 AM   #4
muzikmann
muzikmann is on a distinguished road

1993 SL1

http://www.airride.com
Air Ride Technologies

The air struts ought to do just fine. You can request a free catalog that is quite extensive. And the site has a good FAQ page. They've also got a section with customer cars; all sorts of makes and models. But to me, air ride is the way to go for dropping your car or truck. You can slam it when you park, or inflate it to near stock height when you want. Also, with trucks, some bags can actually increase the load capacity. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Fair warning, it's not cheap by any means. It will run you $2000+ for everything.......air struts, valves, tank(s), guages, pumps, tubing, installation, etc. But it's worth it. Your saturn will ride like a Caddy....well....better than it did before.

Jeff Parham
1993 SL1 - R.I.P. @ 198,000 Miles
2000 Audi A4 1.8T Quattro

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to muzikmann's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help muzikmann reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-29-2003, 12:18 AM   #5
SC2000

if its on a car i say do the install yourself and save a lot of money

or find a friend who knows what how to weld like i did

it's a pain in the ass but in the end it looks like this

a lot better then stock IMO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help SC2000 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-29-2003, 03:29 AM   #6
ANTIsi
ANTIsi is on a distinguished road

is that legal?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ANTIsi's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ANTIsi reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-29-2003, 11:20 PM   #7
SC2000

lol yeah it's legal...sorta

REWARD EXCELLENCE!