SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2013, 02:20 PM   #1
zable82
zable82 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
2002 SL2
Default First 4 cyl car ever in the family =)

Ever since I remember we grew under the impression that V8 cars and trucks where the best, that is what grandfather used to believe. I finished College 2 years ago, and I was in huge debt, I was forced to sell my truck and get a clunky 95 $400 car. It happened to be a Saturn. My first Saturn ever, and also the first 4 cyl vehicle in the family. Lol needless to say I was almost disowned for buying it!! Yet I have been learning so much in this forum, I was able to throw an awesome replacement engine on the car from an old junkyard car. The car is no more a clunker, its a daily driver, its the car all the family prefers! Runs perfect, gas saver. And proud to say I now own a second 2002 Saturn. Thanks for all the good posts guys!! Best wishes from the border city of El Paso, Tx =)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zable82's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zable82 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zable82 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #2
silv01
silv01 is on a distinguished road

2001 SL1
Default Re: First 4 cyl car ever in the family =)

You would be surprised that many many 4 cyl (saturns no less) can SMOKE the heck out of v8's. Welcome to the forum.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silv01's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silv01 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
silv01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:57 AM   #3
eneloop
eneloop is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the Saturn Family. I love mine evan with some of their shortcomings.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eneloop's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eneloop reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
eneloop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:11 AM   #4
trouttrooper
trouttrooper has a spectacular aura abouttrouttrooper has a spectacular aura abouttrouttrooper has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

I'm fairly recent to owning a Saturn myself and the first 4cyl I've ever owned as well. I'm pretty impressed with the power it has climbing the hills around here. Can't compare to my old Impala 3.8 v6, but it can easily maintain speed which is just fine with me. The 36mpg I've been getting lately is VERY nice. I love the simplicity of everything on it, makes repairs/replacement of parts soooo easy.

I'm sure there's a number of 4cyl that could smoke my 8.1 v8 in a drag race. Unless the race includes hooking up to a 15,000 lb trailer

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to trouttrooper's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help trouttrooper reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
trouttrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
zable82
zable82 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL1
2002 SL2

Hi guys! The funny thing is that since I was so used to v8s, I had this idea that a 4cyl would be weaker than a tortoise. The ex owner of my first car had an external air intake and loud exhaust. The car seemed to me so powerful for a 4cyl, that I remember driving it with my brother after I bought it, and we where both saying " hey this car is so strong, it must be fixed" . We stopped, opened the hood, and noticed the intake, we said, this engine must have some mods on it. Hehe needless to say later on I found out that is how strong a stock Saturn is and also most 4cyl, car had zero real mods lol pretty much stock =( hahaha

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to zable82's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help zable82 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
zable82 is offline   Reply With Quote