SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-12-2013, 07:16 PM   #1
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nice

1998 SC2
1998 SW2
Question Catalog Model on Service Parts ID Label

Service Parts Identification label on the spare tire cover in the trunk:

Does anyone know what the "CATALOG MODEL" represents?

Specifically, Catalog Model ZB35 and ZB69 and ZD35?

Sample label from the FSM:
http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...ps4f362302.jpg

Background:
I am looking at parts diagrams of available interior trim parts.
For example P/N 21301237 is the cloth insert around the interior door handle for closing the door (first thing to get grungy)

The note near the parts description reads, “For: ZB35” and another reads, “For ZB69”

In the upper right of my 1998 SC2’s Service Parts Identification label reads, “ZZB27”

For the item in question, I am hoping B35 and B69 or D35 use the same trim as my B27

Competition Clutch 10Lb. Flywheel. 14 stalls to date (and loving it).
Oil use is 1 ounce per 100 miles with ~230,000 miles on the engine

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bumpdraft's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
bumpdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
bumpdraft
Master Member
bumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nicebumpdraft is just really nice

1998 SC2
1998 SW2
Default Re: Catalog Model on Service Parts ID Label

D35 = SW2

not looking good...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help bumpdraft reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:07 PM   #3
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

Drop the Z.
There are catalog models and merchandising models. Below are the catalog models.
B69 is the SL or SL-1
D69 is the SL-2
B35 is the SW-1
D35 is the SW-2
C27 is the SC-1
B27 is the SC-2
A69 is the SL, SL-1, SL-2
A35 is the SW-1, SW-2
A27 is the SC-1, SC-2

Any other letter in front of 69, 35, or 27 is a specific option for that model such as manual or automatic trans etc.

By any chance does this actually answer the question?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
bumpdraft
Master Member

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

Yes, thanks!

The "Z" in the parts diagram's P/N list is to confirm the parts list is referring to Catalog Number.
-----------------------
2-door = long doors = might fit...not a direct fit (per code) but might fit...

Buyer beware: I'd better stroll thru the salvage yard and look at door panels before purchasing. I know there might be subtle difference a parts diagram wouldn't show.

edit:
Irrational exuberance: Not reading/realizing all the trim parts are for short doors

I will keep searching the parts lists...

Last edited by bumpdraft; 03-12-2013 at 08:33 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 PM   #5
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2

On the Nalley site the complete interior parts diagrams are listed for all the models.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-12-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
bumpdraft
Master Member

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

I was using this one and it shows different '98 models:

http://i995.photobucket.com/albums/a...psc4b02a8a.jpg

Not sure how I got there...was looking at many diagrams.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:21 PM   #7
OldNuc

1998 SC2

What is it showing the 27 is a coupe and those interior panels will have a basic description of the pattern. On the RPO tag there is an interior trim number, having that handy helps.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #8
OldNuc

1998 SC2

11E, 113, 19E, 193, 61E, 613 are the interior codes for 98. Those are basically gray, black, or tan, in groups of 2 without leather or with leather. 11E=gray no leather and 113=gray with leather etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-12-2013, 10:42 PM   #9
bumpdraft
Master Member

1998 SC2
1998 SW2

Info copied and printed out font size 18

Found it! Thanks!

My local parts counter people aren't Saturn experts. - though they are fast learners. For parts (spelled "part$") gone to VParts, they need to actually call and verify some things. Time consuming, but everyone's patient. If I can walk in with the (correct) part number, it saves everyone time.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-12-2013, 11:56 PM   #10
OldNuc

1998 SC2

This is always true, if you have a good part number then the computer will tell them if it exists. Other than that they get to look it up and I have watched this happen in real life and it is painful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!