SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2003, 07:18 PM   #1
DP49657
DP49657 is on a distinguished road

Default Going To Visit Spring Hill Plant !

We are taking a week + to go from mid michigan to virginia beach to visit our son, and plan on taking the blue ridge parkway to tennesse and take a tour of the plant. Anybody in these areas have any must see, must do, things we should look for. Also what would be the best time and day( thursday,friday may15th,16th) to visit the plant and is there anything special to look for. We want to see how they are going to build our 04 vue! Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DP49657's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DP49657 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2003, 07:47 PM   #2
ProDarwin
Master Member
ProDarwin is on a distinguished road

Yeah, stop by my house in va, and bring my flywheel and clutch pedal back up to MI. I forgot them at home. J/K. Have fun on your trip!

-Travis

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ProDarwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ProDarwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-24-2003, 10:03 PM   #3
fotovue
fotovue will become famous soon enough

2007 VUE Red Line

Check out saturn's site for the best times / days....

Also I think your suppose to make reservations...

http://www.saturn.com/company/visit_us/

2004 RL VUE AWD Black *R.I.P. 07/01/06* 65k
The 1st sold, 49th built

2007 RL VUE FWD Black *Born 01/26/07* 100k
mods: 4 wheel disc brakes, window tint, spoiler, blues and twos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fotovue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fotovue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-24-2003, 10:04 PM   #4
fotovue

2007 VUE Red Line

Shoot- The site says all tours cancelled until the "Orange Alert" is lifted...

2004 RL VUE AWD Black *R.I.P. 07/01/06* 65k
The 1st sold, 49th built

2007 RL VUE FWD Black *Born 01/26/07* 100k
mods: 4 wheel disc brakes, window tint, spoiler, blues and twos

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help fotovue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-24-2003, 11:53 PM   #5
SaturnVue'03
SaturnVue'03 is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L

Orange alert was lifted last week. It's back to Yellow now...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SaturnVue'03's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SaturnVue'03 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-24-2003, 11:53 PM   #6
silvervoo
silvervoo is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L

FYI- we're on yellow/elevated alert right now, not orange.
http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/display?theme=29

●● If it doesn't have a clutch, I'm not interested ●● Vive la bote manuelle ●●

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silvervoo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silvervoo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-25-2003, 06:40 AM   #7
John10
Master Member
John10 will become famous soon enoughJohn10 will become famous soon enough

2006 ION-3 Sedan
2009 VUE 2.4L
Default Re: Going To Visit Spring Hill Plant !

Quote:
Originally posted by DP49657
We are taking a week + to go from mid michigan to virginia beach to visit our son, and plan on taking the blue ridge parkway to tennesse and take a tour of the plant. Anybody in these areas have any must see, must do, things we should look for.
I'm not quite sure of your itinerary because the Saturn plant is below Nashville and the Blue Ridge Parkway is in eastern TN. If your plans and time allow however try to get to Asheville North Carolina which is just off the BRP. There is an attraction there called the Biltmore Estate that is incredible. It was a former home of the Vanderbuilt family and is beyond description.
I am the last person in the world who enjoys house tours and only went there because my wife talked me into it. It also initially choked me to pay the admission price and allot a good part of a day to see the place. Once I got on the grounds however I found every penny and minute to be well worth it. There are plenty of brochures around to give you a taste of what to expect so I won't go into it but if you ever want to see a huge forested and gardened estate located in an area of great natural beauty, this is the place.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to John10's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help John10 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-25-2003, 08:47 AM   #8
fotovue

2007 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Going To Visit Spring Hill Plant !

Quote:
Originally posted by DP49657
We want to see how they are going to build our 04 vue!
I'm wanting to see them build a 2004 Redline Vue... If you get any information as to when they will start building those let me know... That's what i'm waiting on...

I thought I had heard that they had not yet begun making the 2004's... Anybody know for sure?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-25-2003, 04:04 PM   #9
silvervoo
silvervoo is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: Re: Going To Visit Spring Hill Plant !

Quote:
Originally posted by John8
If your plans and time allow however try to get to Asheville North Carolina which is just off the BRP. There is an attraction there called the Biltmore Estate that is incredible. It was a former home of the Vanderbuilt family and is beyond description.
I visited the Biltmore years ago. Doesn't have much to do with going to see the Saturn plant... but it could be a good excuse to take a trip to that area if your wife isn't real excited about touring a factory
Anway, you're right it is very very impressive.

●● If it doesn't have a clutch, I'm not interested ●● Vive la bote manuelle ●●

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silvervoo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silvervoo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-25-2003, 06:14 PM   #10
DP49657
DP49657 is on a distinguished road

We would probably get off BRP in ashville. I appretiate the info on biltmore estates. We saw that a few years ago John and your right, it was really neat, even if the wife had to be the instigator to get us to go. Thats the type of info I'm looking for. Isn't their a huge mall in nashville with dolphins, and whatever inside, or is that a resort-hotel, or am I mistaken? Touring the plant is just a neat thing to take in along with the rest of our trip. I'm sure glad the brp runs toward tennesee so I can use that as an excuse to go to the plant

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DP49657's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DP49657 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-25-2003, 07:34 PM   #11
Dr. Bob
Master Member
Dr. Bob is on a distinguished road

There's a resort hotel complex - the Opryland, if I remember correctly. Nice digs. Attended a convention there, so didn't get off the grounds, nor have time to tour the Saturn plant in Spring Hill. Darn.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dr. Bob's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dr. Bob reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-25-2003, 11:39 PM   #12
Beautiful VUE
Beautiful VUE is on a distinguished road

The Opryland Hotel is nice - it has a botanical garden - and of course it is near the Opry Mills Mall (it was formerly the Opryland Theme Park). There are all kinds of Historical stuff to do in Nashville - like visit the Hermitage (Andrew Jackson's Home), the Parthenon (a full size replica), see the "Grand Ole' Opry", or tour Vanderbilt University.

As far as dolphins go - haven't heard that one yet. I know the Peabody Hotel in Memphis has ducks. . . There is a large aquarium in Chattanooga It has some saltwater creatures but It has lots of freshwater stuff as well as a two sections that are living forests with crawlers, walkers, and flyers. All in all I think they have over 9,000 creatures.

If you are big music enthusiast - you could be occupied for weeks all over the state. You can find anything from the dulcimers players of the mountains- country music - "rock-a-billy" - to blues

And if your wife like antiques - there are everywhere. Beware - some "junk stores" disguise themselves as antique stores.

I guess it really just depends on what type of stuff you like to do.
If I think of more, Ill let you know!

Some websites that might help in the Nashville area:
www.nashville.gov
www.nashville.citysearch.com
www.nashvillecvb.com

Have Fun!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Beautiful VUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Beautiful VUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread