SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Introductions & Greetings
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 11:06 AM   #1
Jared89
Jared89 is on a distinguished road

Default Hello from Russia

Hi everyone, my name is Jared DeLuna, a young American living and working in Moscow Russia.

Recently the car (Opel Corsa) I was driving here got into a nasty accident. My wife have decided it was time to get an SUV. We love Opel, but sadly the prices are a little out of our reach, when my father told me to look into a Saturn.

In looking we found some great deals and some not so great deals on Saturn Vues.

Prices here for cars are a bit crazy as the cheapest Vue we have found is a 2003 2.2L AWD with 87,000 miles.

we are going to look at the car tomorrow, and I was wondering what I should be looking for in terms of signs of a bad transmission and Engine.

Hopefully we can get our hands on a nice Saturn here.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jared89's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jared89 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Jared89 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
icefruit
icefruit is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Hello from Russia

Hello and welcome to the forum. I am from Usbekistan.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to icefruit's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help icefruit reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
icefruit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Jared89, I would research here (within Saturnfans) for Vue specs, engine/xmission, awd or not. Other Vue members can verify what I think. Whatever you decide on, stay away from any Vue with the 2.2L/VTI combination. The VTI means the xmission is a cvt, the segmented steel belt drive using a continuously variable transmission with an exceptionally poor record. EPIC FAILURE is a mild phrase. No one here (USA) has ever posted of any Vue with this cvt failure and followed up with any reports of successful repairs and still driving it. Virtually everyone gets rid of it due to the exceptionally unreliable xmission. Basically a black eye that never healed when Saturn introduced the VTI (cvt) to Vues.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
snakes
snakes has a spectacular aura aboutsnakes has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Welcome to the forums!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snakes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snakes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #5
caveeagle
caveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of lightcaveeagle is a glorious beacon of light

2005 VUE 2.2L
2001 SC2

Not really sure if any of the export Saturns were had different specs than the US sold cars. (this is true with many cars)

As far as US sold VUEs, avoid the 02-04 four cylinder (2.2) automatics. In '05 they started installing a different auto trans in the 4cyl cars. You should also be cautions on any early '05. I have read that the conversion happend very early in the '05 production run.

The 4cyl 5-speed cars are ok. And, the 04-07 V6 cars came with a Honda 3.5L engine which seems to be pretty reliable.

Mark
'05 Vue, '02SL1, '01SC2a, '01SC2b, '99SL1 :::::> '04 SVT Cobra, '67 Mustang Vert.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to caveeagle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help caveeagle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
caveeagle is offline   Reply With Quote