SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #1
rayzur9
rayzur9 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Steering wheel diagram/exploded view?

Just checking to see if anyone has the relevant manual for the 2003 3.0L V6 AWD Vue, and could post or send the information regarding removal of the steering wheel and horn pad/SIR down to the clock spring? (An exploded view would be great)
I have some of the information such as how to remove it, but was hoping there were pictures or diagrams I can reference if needed.

Any help is much appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rayzur9's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rayzur9 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rayzur9 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 12:54 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Steering wheel diagram/exploded view?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayzur9 View Post
Just checking to see if anyone has the relevant manual for the 2003 3.0L V6 AWD Vue, and could post or send the information regarding removal of the steering wheel and horn pad/SIR down to the clock spring? (An exploded view would be great)
I have some of the information such as how to remove it, but was hoping there were pictures or diagrams I can reference if needed.

Any help is much appreciated.
I can extract those files ... too many and too large to post but I can email. Use PM to send an address if you want.

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #3
HawkDriver
HawkDriver is on a distinguished road

Related question: do the two screws on the back of the steering wheel shroud need to be removed before the airbag can be disconnected? I can get the locks to disengage, but the airbag doesn't want to come loose. I feel like something's still attached.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to HawkDriver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help HawkDriver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
HawkDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:09 AM   #4
rayzur9
rayzur9 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 3.0L

Take the top steering shaft cover off. (3 screws thru bottom) to expose the back of the steering wheel better. There are (4) plastic spring loaded catch posts that require that you insert a small flat blade screwdriver and twist, as you are pulling on that corner of the airbag/pad. Mine came off without any additional screws being removed. There are 2 wire connections to the back of the pad, but there is enough wire slack that the pad comes off fully before disconnection of those wires is needed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rayzur9's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rayzur9 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rayzur9 is offline   Reply With Quote