SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Suggestion Box
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 03:42 PM   #1
hunt4steve
hunt4steve is just really nicehunt4steve is just really nicehunt4steve is just really nicehunt4steve is just really nicehunt4steve is just really nice

1993 SC1
Default Editing previous posts.....????

It appears that I am not able to edit my previous posts, even in threads that I've started. I've since moved some photos around within my PhotoBucket account and would like to update my links to my posts.

But, I can edit my posts to update the links.....
AND, I've been successful in getting pictures uploaded to the Saturnalia site, but linking to them....or removing them...well, that appears to be another issue

Any advice???

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hunt4steve's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hunt4steve reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hunt4steve is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
hunt4steve
hunt4steve is just really nicehunt4steve is just really nicehunt4steve is just really nicehunt4steve is just really nicehunt4steve is just really nice

1993 SC1
Default Re: Editing previous posts.....????

Wow, about 500 views and not a single comment?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help hunt4steve reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-26-2015, 05:54 AM   #3
monte0
monte0 is on a distinguished road

2005 VUE Red Line

Hate to pull up an old post but I'm running into the same issue. I had a typo on one of my posts and now can't fix it? Can anyone explain why this isn't possible or if it is show me where to do it?

2005 Vue Redline Black on Black

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to monte0's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help monte0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
monte0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 08:13 AM   #4
hunt4steve

1993 SC1
Roll Eyes Re: Editing previous posts.....????

Ha! Good luck with actually getting any response from anybody that purports to run this place. Rumor has it that some people had made some comments, than gone back and changed them..... oh no...

At any rate, you just have to check, double-check, then triple check your posts before posting. Because after that, you won't get any help about changing them.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-26-2015, 08:22 AM   #5
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

The FAQ'S in another part of this forum may help otherwise posts are open to editing for approximately 15 minutes then closed. Attempting to edit past this time limit results in an automated message. Either ask the Admin to amend your post and wait or continue with another post to note corrections. Charlie is the only moderator so replies may require patience.

The best way to prevent errors in a post is to use the 'Preview Post' tab as many times as needed before submitting it. Previewing allows all the time for editing since it isn't posted yet. Once a comment is posted, you're given 15 minutes to make any corrections before it becomes permanent. Editing afterwards requires submitting a request to the Admin.

You are, in effect, given the responsibility to misspell (if spelling checker isn't used), be creative in writing, add links and pictures, write backwards, even deliberately attempt something resembling dyslexia/aixelsyd. Perhaps this can be termed longhand texting.

Last edited by fdryer; 08-26-2015 at 08:28 AM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:39 AM   #6
monte0

2005 VUE Red Line

Yea I just messed up a post title spelling and realized it the next day..lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help monte0 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 08-27-2015, 12:17 AM   #7
pierrot
Master Member
pierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud ofpierrot has much to be proud of

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt4steve View Post
Ha! Good luck with actually getting any response from anybody that purports to run this place. Rumor has it that some people had made some comments, than gone back and changed them..... oh no...

At any rate, you just have to check, double-check, then triple check your posts before posting. Because after that, you won't get any help about changing them.
You're certainly correct about double and triple checking of responses before posting them. It is not true, however, that one will get no help to correct errors after an item has been posted and can no longer be edited by the member. Charlie has made many such corrections for me in the past. It usually takes some time, perhaps a week or so, but one must be patient. He has typically sent a response back to me any time he's completed my correction requests.

275,000 miles-it keeps on rolling!
The blessings of liberty erode in my country.
Gov't's grown bigger, but a chance exists that it will be reduced. I'm cautiously hopeful.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pierrot's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pierrot reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 06:42 AM   #8
monte0

2005 VUE Red Line

What's Charleys' screen name so I can pm him about a correction? I looked but didn't see any mod listed

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 08-27-2015, 10:48 AM   #9
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

On the site (front) page, scroll down to the bottom to see "@1996-2012 SaturnFans.com. Not affiliated with Saturn, GM, or their affiliates. Site created and maintained by Charlie". Click on 'Charlie'........

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 10:26 PM   #10
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Happy Re: Editing previous posts.....????

I can help. Please send me a note and I'll edit your post for you. The limitation is there because of issues we had in the past with users going back and changing their posts after they had several responses. This caused confusion when reading through a thread because the responses didn't reflect what was sometimes included in the revised text. The 15 minute limit was put in place to prevent that from happening several years ago, however I can see how maybe extending the time limit might be beneficial.

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 09:37 PM   #11
monte0

2005 VUE Red Line

Sent PM, thanks Charlie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-01-2015, 10:08 PM   #12
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Thumbs Up Re: Editing previous posts.....????

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte0 View Post
Sent PM, thanks Charlie
You got it! No problem!! I took care of it shortly after receiving your PM.

Charlie

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 05:38 PM   #13
monte0

2005 VUE Red Line

Thanks!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!