SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 08:22 AM   #1
billwill
billwill is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default "100,000 Mile Anti-Freeze?"

When I picked up my '07 Aura XR at my dealer's the other day after an oil change and some service, I asked the Service Manager if they checked the anti-freeze during the checkup. She said my car had "100,000 mile anti-freeze."

Is there such a thing?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to billwill's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help billwill reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
billwill is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2012, 11:10 AM   #2
Aura Fan
Aura Fan is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
Default Re: "100,000 Mile Anti-Freeze?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by billwill View Post
When I picked up my '07 Aura XR at my dealer's the other day after an oil change and some service, I asked the Service Manager if they checked the anti-freeze during the checkup. She said my car had "100,000 mile anti-freeze."

Is there such a thing?
Yep.... so they say....
http://bioengr.ag.utk.edu/Extension/...es/engcool.htm

However, you might want to get yourself an antifreeze tester and periodically check your antifreeze, and not just rely on it being good for the 5 years or 100000 miles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Aura Fan's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Aura Fan reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Aura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar has a spectacular aura aboutonefunkar has a spectacular aura aboutonefunkar has a spectacular aura about

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

gm says change at 5 year or 150k miles. you may be at 5 years. gm has used this dex cool coolant since 1996.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #4
alleninpa
alleninpa will become famous soon enoughalleninpa will become famous soon enough

2009 AURA XR
1999 SL1

I drain mine every year. No big flush just whatever comes out. I have heard that they can become acidic over time, and eat your seals. For $11 per year for a gallon, it's cheap insurance.

If it ain't broke it's over designed.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alleninpa's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alleninpa reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alleninpa is offline   Reply With Quote