SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2012, 02:16 AM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Question of the Day: If You Had to Make a Choice Today, What Would Your Next Vehicle

A new poll entry has been added:

Question of the Day: If You Had to Make a Choice Today, What Would Your Next Vehicle Be?

Quote:
* Chevrolet
* Buick
* GMC
* Cadillac
* Other Domestic
* Other Foreign

2008 Saturn Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
2002 L300 (sold)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2012, 04:52 AM   #2
The Math God
Advanced Member
The Math God is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 3.5L
2005 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Question of the Day: If You Had to Make a Choice Today, What Would Your Next Vehi

Without a Vue to buy, I have ordered a Ford C Max

2007 Vue -- AWD 3.5 Honda
2005 Vue -- AWD 3.5 Honda
2007 Ion 2 -- 2.2
2005 L300 -- 6 cyl

Gone but not forgotten
2003 Vue -- 105K-traded in
2000 LS 2 --140 K-totaled
1994 SL-- 100K-sold

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to The Math God's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help The Math God reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
The Math God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #3
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a glorious beacon of lightcityhawk is a glorious beacon of lightcityhawk is a glorious beacon of lightcityhawk is a glorious beacon of lightcityhawk is a glorious beacon of lightcityhawk is a glorious beacon of light

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon
Default Re: Question of the Day: If You Had to Make a Choice Today, What Would Your Next Vehi

Tough call. The wife wants a minivan, so that rules out GM and Ford. I prefer the Honda Odyssey, but it starts around 30k, and the Dodge Caravan starts at around 20K.

If I were choosing myself, probably the Jetta Sportwagen TDI. Great mileage and one of the only wagons still available outside of the luxury market.

Saturns:
1993 SW2 MT 171,000 hard Boston city miles ("Rozzie")
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:
1966 Corvair Monza convertible
1928 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cityhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
FlintIonQC
FlintIonQC is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-3 Quad Coupe

Need an option for buying another used Saturn. My wife and I plan on purchasing a used Saturn Sky Redline next spring.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FlintIonQC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FlintIonQC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FlintIonQC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #5
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a glorious beacon of lightcityhawk is a glorious beacon of lightcityhawk is a glorious beacon of lightcityhawk is a glorious beacon of lightcityhawk is a glorious beacon of lightcityhawk is a glorious beacon of light

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintIonQC View Post
Need an option for buying another used Saturn. My wife and I plan on purchasing a used Saturn Sky Redline next spring.
Good point! Of course, I plan on keeping my SW2 forever, so keeping the Saturn also wasn't an option.

Saturns:
1993 SW2 MT 171,000 hard Boston city miles ("Rozzie")
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:
1966 Corvair Monza convertible
1928 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cityhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #6
GASMAN
GASMAN is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

For one thing, I'll definitely be buying an American car, not a Japanese named car made in America like Honda. I have owned a '66 Impala, a '78 Z/28, an '88 Accord,
'87 Lincoln T/C, '04 Sonata, '95 Cougar XR7, and now my Saturn '00.
I think American car manufacturers have finally caught up with the imports in percieved quality and giving us what we need, with respect to gas mileage that we can live with and still have performance when needed. I like and need a car that can get out of it's own way! With the exception of the Honda Accord a 4cyl, all my cars have been 6cyl or V-8 powered. I want to support American Car builders so yes, I'll be keeping my allegiences here, in the good ole USA!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GASMAN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GASMAN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GASMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:10 AM   #7
daver
daver has a spectacular aura aboutdaver has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION Red Line
1999 SC2

I plan on being buried in my Red Line (though not in the near future.)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to daver's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help daver reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
daver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:37 AM   #8
Hoagrod
Advanced Member
Hoagrod is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE Red Line

I would search in depth for another Vue Redline. Then I would search for an Ion Redline.

2006 Vue RedLine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hoagrod's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hoagrod reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Hoagrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #9
adventureoflink
Master Member
adventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura aboutadventureoflink has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2

Eiither way, for the most part I'm domestic.

Used: 2010 or 2011 Ford Crown Victoria or Mercury Grand Marquis. (was gonna keep the Lincoln Town Car in consideration, but apparently I can't fit the cop brakes from Raybestos onto a TC although it's the same car) Ideally this'll happen when I get the current MGM paid off, have a somewhat decent savings, and as soon as I find a buyer for the MGM.

New: If Ford _ever_ releases a brand new Crown Vic or Town Car, I'll be all over that thing it may be the -only- vehicle I sell or trade the Saturn for... and yes, if there's a clause at the lot like "we'll pay your vehicle off even if you owe more than what it's worth" then the MGM is getting traded unless it's already paid for.

Otherwise New will be pretty much most stick shift vehicles.

97 SL2
DOB: 3/19/97
Date Obtained: 5/30/07

2004 Merc G.Marquis GS
DOB: 2/4/04
Date Obtained: 7/6/12

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to adventureoflink's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help adventureoflink reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
adventureoflink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #10
mike08vue
mike08vue is on a distinguished road

I had owned Saturns since 1992,when I first "discovered" them. Unfortunately, last year I got a Volvo C30 because I couldn't find anything GM,Ford,or Chrysler made that really called out to me like Saturn did. I had decided not to buy GM after the way it was turned into "government motors" by the present administration and how Saturn was sacrificed along with Pontiac. I looked around and decided that Subaru was similar in concept and philosophy to the old Saturn--I tried to get a WRX but the tsunami/earthquake in Japan stopped the production for the time and there weren't any deals out there then. I saw the C30 and liked it; after reading the specs and stats(as well as the reliability reports) I went for it. My wife and I like it so well that my wife wanted a new car so we got her an XC60 to replace the Vue. I do miss the Vue tho. It was one of the best Saturns I've owned.

2008 Vue RL--traded
2011 Volvo C30--mine
2011 Volvo XC60-wife's

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mike08vue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mike08vue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mike08vue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #11
Tethys
Advanced Member
Tethys is on a distinguished road

My next ride will be a Buick Verano Turbo. I like the size of the Delta platform and the idea of a six-speed manual coupled to a turbo engine intrigues me. For the available power, the gas mileage hit will be negligible compared to my Ion. I also like that the car is assembled in Michigan.

I will miss my car's polymer panels and the center-mounted IP but a fully-loaded Verano will more than offset what I lose with the Ion.

2015 Buick Verano Turbo
5 - 2006 Ion 3 Sedan, Manual, Storm Grey
4 - 2004 Ion 2 Sedan, Manual, Electric Blue
3 - 1996 SL2 Manual, Medium Red
2 - 1991 SL1 Manual, White
1 - 1991 SL Manual, Grey

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tethys's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tethys reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Tethys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:24 AM   #12
Dave The Barbar
Dave The Barbar is on a distinguished road

2001 SC2
2000 SL2

With my 2001 SC2 dead in the back yard, I would like to replace her with a used Mazda Miata. I like the first generation with flip up headlights. Unfortunately, I can't afford a replacement or I fix her up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dave The Barbar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dave The Barbar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dave The Barbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 11:33 AM   #13
LastSaturn
LastSaturn is on a distinguished road

We'll be moving to Maryland in six months and we're dumping our SC1 and our Matrix before we move. Before we leave Monterey I will buy my wife a Subaru Forester. When we get to Maryland I will be looking to buy myself a wagon, preferrably with AWD though I'll settle for FWD. I've got a strong desire to buy a used Volvo V50. Otherwise I'd consider the Audi A3. Further down my list of desirable wagons is the Acura TSX, the Mazdaspeed3, or the Mazda 6.

=======
2002 SC1

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to LastSaturn's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help LastSaturn reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
LastSaturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:15 PM   #14
Daveak
Daveak is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
2006 RELAY-3

I answered other domestic - Though for me that will likely be a Volkswagon or possibly a Hyundai. Both options I am looking at are made in America and both (IMHO) represent a rising quality brand vehicle that will give me many miles of fun driving. We still own two Saturns, but they are getting a older, one may soon be replaced.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Daveak's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Daveak reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Daveak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 12:58 PM   #15
the_webers_inc
the_webers_inc is on a distinguished road

Other Foreign. Subaru's for me now. Moved from my 03 VUE to an 11' Subaru Forester. Not quite as big but the AWD is great in the winter time. The VUE went to my oldest niece, so I still see it from time to time.

2000 Saturn SL2 1.9L 5spd - Sold
2003 Saturn VUE 2.2L 5spd - Sold

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to the_webers_inc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help the_webers_inc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
the_webers_inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:27 PM   #16
curls
curls is on a distinguished road

1992 SC2

Just 3 weeks ago, I was hit by a drunk (plastered) driver at 4pm. Hospitalized for 6 days. I'm doing well, amazingly enough. (T-hit broadside into my seat.)

I have chemical sensitivity to the new car smell, so I'd been using older cars. I'd just sold my 92 Saturn. I was using a 2000 Chrysler Cirrus. It's totalled.

So I have to find another car! So any suggestions for:

1) Low seat - my blood pressure drops so I need to sit low to the ground.

2) Not real loaded on that new car smell.

I need enough room for the regular single person's worth of stuff. Sports cars are fun. But if it's good for a long trip too.

Any cars anyone's enamored of? I'm taking over my parents Subaru outback station wagon in the meanwhile. But a shopping, I will go....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to curls's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help curls reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
curls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:36 PM   #17
Midnight13
Midnight13 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL
2005 VUE 3.5L

Voted other foreign

Husband works at Honda dealership, and can get employee discount.

Already been considering a number of 3rd row seated SUV's. Not to replace the Vue, but in addition to it. We want to keep it, but still have a bit left to pay off on it. We have to wait until it's paid before jumping on the new Honda Pilot we want.With the same motor as the Vue it's an obvious choice for me. Either going back to work after baby to pay it off by summer, or becoming a sahm, and have it paid in about 20 months. Only time will tell when on the new vehicle, but the 2 Saturns will remain as long as it's possible to fix them!

"Not for human consumption!" - Peas in the Pod

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Peas-in-a-Pod/160649663950771

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Midnight13's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Midnight13 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Midnight13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:12 PM   #18
Junkfood
Junkfood will become famous soon enoughJunkfood will become famous soon enough

2001 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

I want a new Subaru Legacy sedan!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Gary Callahan
Beaverton, Oregon

2001 L300
V6 Get-up and Go!
~~~~~~~~~~~~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Junkfood's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Junkfood reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Junkfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #19
Dutchman1954
Dutchman1954 is on a distinguished road

The likelyhood of buying another GM product is low, I'm still pissed at GM for what they did. I voted other domestic, but that leaves Ford and Chrysler. The latter one forget it, the recent ones that I have driven left me totally unimpressed. That leaves Ford. I have owned two Ford products over the years (three if you include my wife's Crown Vic, but she bought it before we got together). I had a '74 Capri 2800. It was a fun car (and the only one that I ever got a speeding ticket in. What can you say I was young) and a 91 Mercury Sable wagon. The latter turned out to be a money pit, one that I'm still paying for to this day (the car went to my ex wife and I had to sink a ton of money into it before I could turn it over to her. That was nearly thirteen years ago. She blew it up six months later).
In a nut shell I really don't know. My wife wants a Kia Soul (but only if it comes with the hamsters,.......).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dutchman1954's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dutchman1954 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Dutchman1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #20
FredM
FredM is on a distinguished road

2002 SL2

As long as my brother continues to work at a Chevy dealer, it's a Chevy.

If money were no object, the $91,000, 60th Anniversary Corvette Convertible (with a 427 under the hood!!!) sitting on the showroom floor right now would be on my shortlist. Sadly, money is an object...

Sat in a Spark today. Liked it for the most part. Need to take one out for a spin.

I was at the dealer for the 50k service on my Cobalt. That's 50,000 trouble-free miles, so far. It was oil change number 10.

Neither a borrower nor a lender be... -- William Shakespeare

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FredM's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FredM reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
FredM is offline   Reply With Quote