SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #1
red1
red1 will become famous soon enough

2003 VUE 3.0L
Default Oil Stabilizers

Was wondering if anyone is using an oil stabilizer in their Saturns?

Have an 86 1/2 ton ford...351, that is showing its wear (160K miles)...Mentioned to a salesperson at O'Reillys that the oil pressure was gradually diminishing as the miles racked up and they suggested lucas heavy dury oil stabilizer..and the pressure gage does show an improvement..

My Vue isn't having any problems so far..115k miles but was wondering if anyone is using the product..especially those approaching the 200k mile mark? Or if another one is a favorite..

Years ago...back in the 60s' I worked in a mobile service station and STP was a popular additive...I always ended getting some on my hands..sticky stuff!! People swore by it...stopped engine knock..leaks etc..course back then there were guys that would have me add a 1/2 gallon of diesel fuel to their gas tanks when filling up...the idea being to completely ween the vehicle off gasoline...which my gosh, cost a whole 12 cents a gallon...diesel selling for half that...;-)

Milo (Nix the Burnt Orange Gm Name) colored AWD 2003 DinoMite Vue..127K Miles

Last edited by red1; 11-12-2012 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: Add xtra stuff

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to red1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help red1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
saturnions
saturnions is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Oil Stabilizers

"add a 1/2 gallon of diesel fuel to their gas tanks when filling up...the idea being to completely ween the vehicle off gasoline"

I bet these are the same people that swore by STP and saw Bigfoot in the backyard right after they were probed by little green men with big eyes.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnions's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnions reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnions is offline   Reply With Quote