SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 01:24 AM   #1
Yerboogieman
Yerboogieman is on a distinguished road

1997 SC2
1993 SC2
Default Duralast 'Flex' Wiper Blades

I bought them on sale today at Autozone. They look cool and they work really well.

I've heard good and bad, but so far, I love them.

Except the passenger one hangs off the edge of the windshield when they're down. I kinda want to go back and get a shorter one.

Pretty funny when they know you and your car, and you only have to say the part you need or just hold it up. xD

93 SC2 M/T 224k Power Everything! :D
94 SL2 A/T 274k Sold to scrap
99 SC1 M/T 162k
97 SC2 M/T 102k
97 SL1 M/T 188k Sold Bad Valve
Aluminum valve covers all around
NGK plugs for all

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Yerboogieman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Yerboogieman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Yerboogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Duralast 'Flex' Wiper Blades

Well, you can also consider buying the shorter length one for the right side and save the long one for the driver's side. I bought and use longer winter blades for the driver's side to get the extra 1-2 inches while leaving the passenger side the same length. I like the old school blades that are fully rubber covered and shed snow/slush better than normal old school wipers. By cycling winter and summer wipers I can squeeze quite a few years out of each. I also use an old squeegee for rain to wipe off the first drops since driving lays down a coating of oil/smush where using a squeegee first prevents smearing this smush and gives wipers a chance to wipe water instead of being fouled with smush. A hard driving rain already washes off the thin oil coating so I skip squeegeeing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #3
termite
termite will become famous soon enough

2001 SC2

Just for fun I borrowed the wipers from my VUE. The 24" driver & 19" pass side, and it worked pretty good. More top coverage (1") on the driver side. The passenger side does not stick out, and most of the area it misses is far off to the right or covered by the rear view mirror. I may consider doing this when it comes time to replace the wipers.

It's GOOD to have a spare!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to termite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help termite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
termite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 09:03 AM   #4
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

^ That's exactly how I make up wipers by using the longest ones on my side (screw the passenger view, he/she ain't driving) ^ In winter conditions with snow melting or heavy rain, the extra inch or two of wiped area doesn't feel claustrophobic.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:18 AM   #5
Yerboogieman

1997 SC2
1993 SC2

The shorter one is on the passenger side. lol It's a 21 and the drivers is a 22. I might trade for a 19.

99 SC1 M/T 162k
97 SC2 M/T 102k
NGK plugs for all

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Yerboogieman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-14-2012, 10:35 AM   #6
fetchitfido
fetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to behold

1996 SC2
1997 SW2

Pretty sure my SC2 has a 24 & 20. Might be a 22 and not a 24 though. Even the 20 hangs over quite a bit on the passenger side, must be that awesome curved windshield 1st gens have.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 11:56 AM   #7
2kSL1
2kSL1 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1

I have the duralast flex's and I don't mind the "hang off" because of how much of the window it wipes.

BTW - my wife has the Rain-X Latitudes and I have the Duralast Flex blades. They both clear the windshield just as well, but in light rain, the Rain-X's are quieter.

2001 SC2 5-speed - 200k miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2kSL1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2kSL1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2kSL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 10:17 PM   #8
Yerboogieman

1997 SC2
1993 SC2

I think they are incredibly quiet. Especially compared to the 4 month old Bosch (Gold or something) ones on the SC.

They may get louder after a few months. Time will tell. I still love them lol

99 SC1 M/T 162k
97 SC2 M/T 102k
NGK plugs for all

REWARD EXCELLENCE!