SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2012, 10:55 AM   #1
gordonmcds
gordonmcds is on a distinguished road

Default 2007 Outlook XE Hesitation

I have a 2007 Outlook XE. Just replaced the water pump. Prior to this issue, my wife told me that it was having acceleration problems. I figured it was bad gas and added treatment. Today I drove it and when going up a hill it would occasionally "miss", almost acting like vapor lock which I know would not be the issue on a newer car. I'm thinking it may be a dirty MAF sensor or possibly the egr valve that goes into the intake body. When I changed the airi filter, I noticed what I considered a lot of oil in the intake body cavity where the tube goes in just in front of the throttle body. I have not checked any spark plugs so that may be an issue too but most newer cars suggest changing the plugs at 100k miles. Not sure if I am on the right track but if anyone could help I would greatly appreciate it. Just a side note, we had it in for a recall on the OLS as well as the transmission shift contol. This issue started shortly after that.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gordonmcds's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gordonmcds reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gordonmcds is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR
Default Re: 2007 Outlook XE Hesitation

most outlooks have the oil backing up into air filter box and throttle body my 2008 had that when i sold it a few years ago. seems like that cant be a good thing but id maybe lean toward transmission reprogam if it was just done. next time it starts doing it shift it manually so it cant change gears then youll know if it is tranny shifting weird..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
gordonmcds

I'll try that now. Problem is that my warranty is out and I'm not sure if the Chevy dealer will reprogram the tranny at no cost. They should but you know how these car companies are now days.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help gordonmcds reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:09 PM   #4
gordonmcds

Same issue, doesn't matter if I'm in manual mode or D. Even tried turning off the traction control but that didn't seem to matter either.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-06-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the roughonefunkar is a jewel in the rough

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

if its the tranny dealers here will usually cover it if under 100k even if past 5 years. first need to somehow get it diagnosed. maybe if you call enough dealers someone will at least tell you whats wrong. no check engine light means its not really missing.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 10-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #6
glbbrown
glbbrown is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR

This sounds like either a spark plug or a bad ignition coil. I recently had this issue. When going up a slight incline or engine under a slight load, say around 70mph with RPM's just under 2000. I would get hesitation, this occurred for almost a year.

look at this thread here.
http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/in...p?topic=2153.0

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to glbbrown's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help glbbrown reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
glbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:40 PM   #7
gordonmcds

OK, so with my own hesitation, no pun intended, I took it to the dealer today to get a diagnosis on what the problem is. Mechanic tested the tranny fluid and it was fine, no debris or other signs of a failure. Whew! What they did find is an engine harness disruption that was most likely caused by a rodent. I did notice about a year ago some "nesting" in the engine so I cleaned everything out and did the best I could to ensure that no furry critters were still in there. I guess it just took this long for the wiring to show the issue. At any rate, the mechanic repaired all the damage, found one plug was not secured, test drove it and gave the all clear. Total cost was only $98.41 for the repairs. At least it wasn't the tranny; this time. I have been doing a lot of reading online and it appears that this model tranny has too wide of pressure plates, known to the manufacturer, and they usually re-build the tranny. Maybe now is a good time to trade it in on something else or sell it privately. I'm just thankful it wasn't a tranny. That would not be cheap, especially if GM wouldn't honor the repair under the warranty. Guess time will tell.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-08-2012, 07:24 PM   #8
onefunkar
Master Member

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

glad is wasnt anything too big!!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #9
gordonmcds

Yeah, me too!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 10-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #10
Harald
Harald is on a distinguished road

2007 Outlook XR

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonmcds View Post
What they did find is an engine harness disruption that was most likely caused by a rodent.
I didn't get to answer in time, but over the summer we had an engine hesitation problem that turned into major vibration and loss of power. Limped into a random dealer (we were on vacation, towing our trailer). It turned out that fixing the timing-chain stretch problem required disassembling the wiring harness under the fuse panel, and they "didn't put it back together properly". It took almost two years to manifest.

They replaced a couple of corroded connectors, put everything back together, and it runs perfectly again...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Harald's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Harald reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Harald is offline   Reply With Quote