SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #1
gordonmcds
gordonmcds is on a distinguished road

Default 2007 Saturn Outlook Leaking Coolant

I have a 2007 Saturn Outlook XE AWD and have noticed small puddles of what appears to be coolant under the car when parked after driving. About three weeks ago it did get warmer than I like (no idiot lights came on) so I pulled over and added water to the overflow tank; it was sucked in right away. The leaking is still happening, all small puddles about the size of a large dinner plate. I think it is the water pump but not sure. I have read how to change it but have a few other questions if someone can help out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gordonmcds's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gordonmcds reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gordonmcds is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #2
glbbrown
glbbrown is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XR
Default Re: 2007 Saturn Outlook Leaking Coolant

If this spot is in front of your passenger tire, inside by approximately 1 foot than I would say yes it is the water pump. If you are under the 5 years/100,000 miles than your power train warranty still applies.
Take a look at this thread;
http://www.saturnoutlookforum.net/in...p?topic=2222.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonmcds View Post
I have a 2007 Saturn Outlook XE AWD and have noticed small puddles of what appears to be coolant under the car when parked after driving. About three weeks ago it did get warmer than I like (no idiot lights came on) so I pulled over and added water to the overflow tank; it was sucked in right away. The leaking is still happening, all small puddles about the size of a large dinner plate. I think it is the water pump but not sure. I have read how to change it but have a few other questions if someone can help out.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to glbbrown's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help glbbrown reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
glbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:04 PM   #3
gordonmcds
gordonmcds is on a distinguished road

Default Re: 2007 Saturn Outlook Leaking Coolant

How much of a job is this? Would I be able to do it myself? I am pretty handy when it comes to cars, I had a 72 nova at one time. Wished I would've kept that car! Oh well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to gordonmcds's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help gordonmcds reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
gordonmcds is offline   Reply With Quote