SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #1
kellihanlon
kellihanlon is on a distinguished road

Default Radiator fan removal for a 2003 Saturn Vue

We need to replace the radiator fan on my 2003 Saturn Vue because one of the blades busted. My husband has the fan disconnected but he doesn't have the room to get it out. Any suggestions? Or how do you get it out?

Thanks in advance!!!!

Kelli

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kellihanlon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kellihanlon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kellihanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2012, 04:57 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to all

Default Re: Radiator fan removal for a 2003 Saturn Vue

Never had to do one but if I recall correctly from training the cross member over the rad needs to be removed.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
DavidBo
DavidBo will become famous soon enough

2002 VUE 2.2L

It's a little tougher than it looks. The front bumper cover has to come off, the radiator drained and all the surrounding plastic removed/loosened. Then the radiator hoses and upper mount brackets have to come off and the radiator/condenser assembly is lifted and leaned forward so the fan/shroud can slide out. That's why you really want to be sure the fan is bad!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DavidBo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DavidBo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
kellihanlon
kellihanlon is on a distinguished road

Thank you gentlemen on your responses!!!! Unfortunately the fan is bad. Hubby can see the busted fan blade.......

I'm sure I will hear a lot of swearing outside tomorrow. LOL

Thank you again!

Kelli

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kellihanlon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kellihanlon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
kellihanlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
DavidBo
DavidBo will become famous soon enough

2002 VUE 2.2L

Didn't mean to question your troubleshooting skills, I bet a broken fan blade is a major attention getter ! I got the info from my Haynes book, haven't actually changed the fan myself. As far as colorful language, I've had tirades that would make a sailor blush while working on my cars. Good luck to you both!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DavidBo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DavidBo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
DavidBo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
col_dude190
Advanced Member
col_dude190 will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE Red Line
2004 VUE Red Line

I replaced my cooling fan assembly on my '06 Redline and its really not a bad job. Replacing the radiator fan assembly really isn't too bad/complicated of a job, its just time consuming. As mentioned above, you basically you have to remove the bumper cover and headlights, which are mainly held in by clips and a couple bolts, then disconnect the coolant lines from the radiator, move radiator out of the way and slide the cooling fans off of the radiator. Then repeat in the reverse order to put it back together. Time consuming, but not terrible.

As long as you take your time with the job, it really isn't bad at all. Best of luck with your replacement!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to col_dude190's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help col_dude190 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
col_dude190 is offline   Reply With Quote