SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Outlook > Outlook General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-02-2012, 10:12 AM   #1
oilersgirl
oilersgirl is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR
Default Key stuck in ignition 2008 Saturn Outlook

Please help.... Over the past few weeks every so often my key hac been getting stuck in the "ACC" position and I cannot get it out. It takes a few hours..... yes I said hours..... to get it out. I have to wiggle to gear shlift, shift it in and out of park over and over. I have taken it into the mechanic but the part is about 2 weeks out still. I cannot handle doing this for another 2 weeks. ANyone know any tticks to get me by for the next few weeks. I am scared that it is gonna get stuck and if I have to leave it over night that the battery is going to die. I am desperate for any little bit of help anyone has!!! Thanks so much

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oilersgirl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oilersgirl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oilersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2012, 11:40 AM   #2
oilersgirl
oilersgirl is on a distinguished road

2008 Outlook XR
Default Re: Key stuck in ignition 2008 Saturn Outlook

Thank you!!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to oilersgirl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help oilersgirl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
oilersgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
JoeyJet
JoeyJet is on a distinguished road

I am having the same problem, just happened and have tried wiggle shifter, wheel and key tonite, can not get the key out. Any ideas? Dash lights still on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersgirl View Post
Please help.... Over the past few weeks every so often my key hac been getting stuck in the "ACC" position and I cannot get it out. It takes a few hours..... yes I said hours..... to get it out. I have to wiggle to gear shlift, shift it in and out of park over and over. I have taken it into the mechanic but the part is about 2 weeks out still. I cannot handle doing this for another 2 weeks. ANyone know any tticks to get me by for the next few weeks. I am scared that it is gonna get stuck and if I have to leave it over night that the battery is going to die. I am desperate for any little bit of help anyone has!!! Thanks so much

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to JoeyJet's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help JoeyJet reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
JoeyJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 10:32 PM   #4
ruley73
Master Member
ruley73 is a jewel in the roughruley73 is a jewel in the roughruley73 is a jewel in the rough

2007 ION-2 Quad Coupe

I had a similar incident occur with our 2007 Equinox. I'd bet your Outlook is setup similarly in that the pocket/change tray is just ahead of the shifter in the console. First move the shifter all the way back, then look for any change that may have fallen down in the path of the shifter and remove if necessary. Then give the shifter a firm jam into park. In my case a dime fell down in the shifter track, on top of the plastic guard that covers the space in the path of the shifter lever. This was just enough mass to prevent the shifter from going ahead far enough to allow the key to be removed. After discovering the dime and removing it, all was well.

2007 Ion 2 Quad Coupe 5-speed manual 150K miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ruley73's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ruley73 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ruley73 is offline   Reply With Quote