SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 12:21 PM   #1
Rockstarvue
Rockstarvue will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default motor mount oil?

Just getting done with my timing belt replacement and noticed while I was taking it apart that there was a small puddle of oil under the motor mount... after looking at the mount it appreared to be seaping out from it. I'm not used to having mounts with oil in them. Does this warrent replacement? I think my engine might sound a little rougher then it did when I bought the car 5-6 years ago... not sure if this is why.

Also, does anyone have the torque specs for the mount bolts and engine bracket bolts that it attaches to? The manual I have doesnt have them listed.

thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Rockstarvue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Rockstarvue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Rockstarvue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-2012, 12:40 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: motor mount oil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstarvue View Post
Just getting done with my timing belt replacement and noticed while I was taking it apart that there was a small puddle of oil under the motor mount... after looking at the mount it appreared to be seaping out from it. I'm not used to having mounts with oil in them. Does this warrent replacement? I think my engine might sound a little rougher then it did when I bought the car 5-6 years ago... not sure if this is why.

Also, does anyone have the torque specs for the mount bolts and engine bracket bolts that it attaches to? The manual I have doesnt have them listed.

thanks.
A leaky mount has one foot (or more) in the proverbial mount graveyard.

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote