SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #1
mjspurs23
mjspurs23 is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1
Default Recommended Spark Plugs & Wire Set Brand?

I plan on replacing the spark plugs & wire set in my 2000 SL1 SOHC 137K miles. When I looked up the plugs for my car there were just so many to choose from NGK, Autolite, Champion, Ac Delco, etc. For the wireset, there are wires from Ac Delco, Bosch, Duralast, and others.

Recommendations on which brand of plugs & wire set to get?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mjspurs23's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mjspurs23 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mjspurs23 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2012, 08:45 AM   #2
fetchitfido
fetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to behold

1996 SC2
1997 SW2
Default Re: Recommended Spark Plugs & Wire Set Brand?

I go with NGK plain copper's, or V-Power if you can find them for spark plugs and Napa Premium wires.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #3
mjspurs23

2000 SL1

Where can I find Napa premium wires?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mjspurs23 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-24-2012, 09:53 AM   #4
fetchitfido
fetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to beholdfetchitfido is a splendid one to behold

1996 SC2
1997 SW2

Should be in stock, find a store here: http://napaonline.com/FindLocation/find-a-location.aspx
or online at www.napaonline.com.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
mjspurs23

2000 SL1

I had already purchased Autolite plugs & wires from Autozone a few weeks ago. Will these run well?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 07-25-2012, 10:57 AM   #6
pawel
pawel is on a distinguished road

2000 SL1

I had Napa premium wires and kept getting CEL p0340. Replaced them with Denso wires and the code had not showed up since than. You can tell the Denso wires are better quality and were cheaper from amazon.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pawel's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pawel reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #7
OldNuc
OldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud of

1998 SC2

The quality of any given brand of mid priced direct fit wires is hit or miss depending on the phase of the moon. The Magnecor 7mm or 8mm wire set will function correctly and will last longer than the set of plugs. They will cost you about $20.00 more than the mystery quality set. http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm and these are the ones you want. http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
martensitic
martensitic is on a distinguished road

1996 SL1

I had random stumbling/misfire under load with brand new Autozone/Duralast wires that disappeared when I replaced them with OEM wires from saturnparts.net. YMMV

1996 Saturn SL1 SOHC, A/T, 116k, NYC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to martensitic's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help martensitic reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
martensitic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:03 PM   #9
AndreasChen
Advanced Member
AndreasChen is on a distinguished road

2002 SC2
2005 ION-3 Sedan

Try ACDelco wires from Amazon

02 Saturn SC2
05 Saturn ION
Then I missed the chance of enjoying a brand new Saturn, forever...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to AndreasChen's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help AndreasChen reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
AndreasChen is offline   Reply With Quote