SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
jamil0810
jamil0810 is on a distinguished road

Default 03 Vue anti theft issue and ignition issue

Good evening to all,

I am having an issue with my car not running due tothe security keeps flashing (anti-theft). Here is the whole story on how this could have happened...

My ignition would not allow me to turn my key to acc., run, etc.... tumblers and springs and a metal piece was present inside of the key hole..... basically it'ss bad...

Towed my car home that night and windows were down and I needed to raise them up for security purpose.. I JUMPERED A WIRE FROM POSITIVE TERMINAL OF THE BAT AND TO A 20 AMP FUSE OF THE SUNROOF. WITH THAT BEING SAID I WAS ABLE TO.RAISE MY WINDOWS.

Today or yesterday I bought a ignition, ignition housing, and took it to a locksmith to have them assemble this and key made with my code.. I've removed and installed the new assembly with no issue... when i crank my engine after waiting for approx. 2 mins in order for the pcm to learn everything, security indicator keeps flashing and the car would just crank and would not turn on.. Any suggestion on what move I should do next? Or has any of you encountered this same situation before?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jamil0810's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jamil0810 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jamil0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 03 Vue anti theft issue and ignition issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamil0810 View Post
Good evening to all,

I am having an issue with my car not running due tothe security keeps flashing (anti-theft). Here is the whole story on how this could have happened...

My ignition would not allow me to turn my key to acc., run, etc.... tumblers and springs and a metal piece was present inside of the key hole..... basically it'ss bad...

Towed my car home that night and windows were down and I needed to raise them up for security purpose.. I JUMPERED A WIRE FROM POSITIVE TERMINAL OF THE BAT AND TO A 20 AMP FUSE OF THE SUNROOF. WITH THAT BEING SAID I WAS ABLE TO.RAISE MY WINDOWS.

Today or yesterday I bought a ignition, ignition housing, and took it to a locksmith to have them assemble this and key made with my code.. I've removed and installed the new assembly with no issue... when i crank my engine after waiting for approx. 2 mins in order for the pcm to learn everything, security indicator keeps flashing and the car would just crank and would not turn on.. Any suggestion on what move I should do next? Or has any of you encountered this same situation before?
Its supposed to take three 10 minute cycles for the BCM (and ECM) to learn the new Passlock voltage.

Here's a cut-n-paste from FSM:

30 Minute Learn Procedure

1. Turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.
2. Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.
3. Observe the SECURITY telltale, after approximately 10 minutes the telltale will turn OFF.
4. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds.
5. Repeat steps 1 through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes, the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlockô
Sensor Data Code and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK.

Important: The vehicle learns the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or password on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.

6. Start the engine. The vehicle has now learned the Passlockô Sensor Data Code and/or password.
7. With a scan tool, clear any DTCs if needed. History DTCs will self clear after 100 ignition cycles.

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:38 AM   #3
jamil0810

@far2grumpy

It worked...... thanks for the tip...... Now i know what to do next time if this happens again....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help jamil0810 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 07-17-2012, 10:57 AM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to beholdfar2grumpy is a splendid one to behold

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamil0810 View Post
@far2grumpy

It worked...... thanks for the tip...... Now i know what to do next time if this happens again....
Thank you for the feed-back.

By the way - you did good by running that jumper wire to get the windows closed.

Also, could I ask where you got the lock cylinder parts? I'm assuming a dealer but you may surprise me.

I rarely visit forum but respond to private messages (PM). PM creates email to phone & please include email address with question. Avoid using Visitor Message feature ... I almost never check those.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:43 PM   #5
jamil0810

@far2grumpy

Yeah i got the parts at the dealer here in Virginia beach, va.... ignition cylinder was purchased through perry buick and housing at gm colonial.... cost me about 175 and 30 at locksmith less labor though.... I looked up my schematic and found the sunroof is connected with the door window so I went for easiest way rather taking out the center console and jumping the wire the long way..... It's all about common sense... lol... Well i hope i gave someone an idea if they ran to the situation i've been through.... which suck big time.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!