SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2012, 08:53 PM   #1
metvelle
metvelle is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L
2003 VUE 2.2L
Default 2007 saturn vue weird ac problem

first off I know there are other ac problems here.. but nothing like im experiencing. I love this vue, but my only complaint has been the ac system.. as we have had it repaired twice already in the time we have had it.. last time we had to replace the main line as it had split.. and last time the a/c quit working the cabin air filter was completely clogged with dog hair, cleaned and started working again. a week or so ago the air started getting sparratic.. would work one day.. not work the next.. I havent had time to look at it until tonight. I pulled the cover and checked the cabin air filter first.. clean as can be.. nothing jammed in tube no dirt at all.. ok not that..lol, next I looked for obvious damage to lines or signs that something leaked... nothing.. so then I started the engine, tried turning on and off the air.. and I found out the switch is now reversed.. off is on/ on is off.. as I would rev the engine to 1500 rpm.. and would hear it click on/ off and watch revs change.. but air was still hot..and switch is backwards.. so I'm confused any help would be appreciated

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to metvelle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help metvelle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
metvelle is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: 2007 saturn vue weird ac problem

Which switch is operating backwards?

I'm assuming you have three push switches - AC - Rear Defog - Recirculate.

And then there are the Fan speed switch with Off - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4.

Then the air temp switch which should be set maximum CCW (far left).

Last is the air delivery switch - face, feet or both.

By the way - Recirc should always be selected if outside air temp is warm, and if Recirc is selected, the cabin air filter is not being used - its in play only when using outside air (Recirc off).

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:13 PM   #3
metvelle
metvelle is on a distinguished road

2007 VUE 2.2L
2003 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
Which switch is operating backwards?

I'm assuming you have three push switches - AC - Rear Defog - Recirculate.

And then there are the Fan speed switch with Off - 1 - 2 - 3 - 4.

Then the air temp switch which should be set maximum CCW (far left).

Last is the air delivery switch - face, feet or both.

By the way - Recirc should always be selected if outside air temp is warm, and if Recirc is selected, the cabin air filter is not being used - its in play only when using outside air (Recirc off).
sorry it is the ac switch itself when the light is on the ac compressor is off.. when the light is off the compressor kicks on and the engine drags but the air is hot.. recirc is on.. and it doesent matter where I move the selecter.. feet, face..etc fan speed does not matter all hot, and coldest to luke cold on the temp setting is the same.. hot and hot is even hotter.. so thats not backwards...lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to metvelle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help metvelle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
metvelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:55 AM   #4
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by metvelle View Post
sorry it is the ac switch itself when the light is on the ac compressor is off.. when the light is off the compressor kicks on and the engine drags but the air is hot.. recirc is on.. and it doesent matter where I move the selecter.. feet, face..etc fan speed does not matter all hot, and coldest to luke cold on the temp setting is the same.. hot and hot is even hotter.. so thats not backwards...lol
You have a strange deal going on.

It's possible for the AC to operate and the AC light not be on ... will happen if air delivery switch is set to defrost - or floor - and fan speed is at any position except OFF.

But the air should be cold - and if it isn't the compressor is not supposed to operate too long.

I'm wondering if the cooling fan circuit has a problem - say the fans are on constantly due to a bad resistor and they stop when you select AC.

AC should actually cause the fans to run but only if the ECM determines the AC pressure is sufficient to run the compressor.

I'm thinking with my fingers here - but suggest:

(1) you make sure the noises and "engine drag" are actually caused by AC compressor cycle.

(2) you put a "stick" thermometer in an upper HVAC outlet to see if there's any temperature drop when you think the compressor is running.

(3) you could also select AC and then slowly rotate fan speed switch through all positions to see if compressor runs.

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote