SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-23-2012, 03:28 PM   #1
02 Dawg
02 Dawg has a spectacular aura about02 Dawg has a spectacular aura about

2002 VUE 3.0L
1999 SL2
Default PO 700 Code Won't Clear

I was driving my 02 Vue and the alternator stopped working so I drove the Vue home and the car was loosing power and then the battery went dead. I have a code PO700 Transmission Control System Fault
that will not clear with the Snap-on scanner I have. Any ideas on how to clear this code?
Thanks,

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 02 Dawg's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 02 Dawg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
02 Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2012, 03:45 PM   #2
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: PO 700 Code Won't Clear

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02 Dawg View Post
I was driving my 02 Vue and the alternator stopped working so I drove the Vue home and the car was loosing power and then the battery went dead. I have a code PO700 Transmission Control System Fault
that will not clear with the Snap-on scanner I have. Any ideas on how to clear this code?
Thanks,
Can we assume you fixed the alternator - the battery is fully charged - and you've driven the Vue several miles?

P0700 is set when the TCM advises the ECM something in transmission is not right.

You may need to operate the Vue for a few warm-up cycles until the TCM is satisfied all is well.

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #3
02 Dawg

2002 VUE 3.0L
1999 SL2

Quote:
Thanks,
I found the problem! I had to go into the transmission part of the scanner and found a low voltage code that I had to clear. Then went back to the engine part of the scanner and cleared the PO700 code and now the SES light is off. Awesome

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 02 Dawg reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-23-2012, 03:53 PM   #4
02 Dawg

2002 VUE 3.0L
1999 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by far2grumpy View Post
Can we assume you fixed the alternator - the battery is fully charged - and you've driven the Vue several miles?

P0700 is set when the TCM advises the ECM something in transmission is not right.

You may need to operate the Vue for a few warm-up cycles until the TCM is satisfied all is well.
Yes I had the original alternator rebuilt for $85.00 I found another code in the trans part of the scanner and cleared it then cleared the PO700 code and no more SES light.
Thanks for your help,
David

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-23-2012, 04:02 PM   #5
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Yes I had the original alternator rebuilt for $85.00 I found another code in the trans part of the scanner and cleared it then cleared the PO700 code and no more SES light.
Thanks for your help,
David
David ... you've had a tough week - but it appears you beat the little guy back into shape - for now. Congratulations for the perseverance.

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is offline   Reply With Quote