SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-08-2012, 04:31 PM   #1
tiger862
tiger862 will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 2.2L
Default Kelly Blue Book

I was looking on Kelly Blue Book to see the value of daughters 2005 Caravan with 70000 miles on it so she could sell it and get something more reliable. I was shocked to see that the caravan was worth more than the VUE. They have put 6000.00 in repairs over the last 2 years with more needed and I told her to sell it. We looked up the VUE to see how it was doing and WOW. 2006 4 cyl auto is only worth 5900.00 and Caravan was 7500.00. That is silly. Neighbor has a 2003 Vue 6 cyl for 6500.00 and goes up from there at dealerships. Something does not seem right. Oh well I am not interested in selling anytime soon but gets me to thinking that I might have to run this for a long time since I will never get what it is worth to me. 2006 auto with 98000 miles and looks and runs like new. I have looked at my repairs and comes to 250.00 in 2.5 years and that includes oil changes, battery and O2 sensor. I will take that compared to the 6000.00 she has put in Caravan. She gets 16 mpg. avg. and I got 24 over same period. I drove it on a trip that we take ever so often and I got 18 mpg on hwy. with caravan and with VUE I got 32.5 mpg. She even offered to even trade and I laughed at her.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tiger862's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tiger862 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tiger862 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 05:03 PM   #2
Double GG
Double GG is on a distinguished road

2006 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Kelly Blue Book

Don't take them as the gospel. I usually look at Nada and Edmunds for values to in order to get a good range of what to expect.
The dealership I bought my VUE from told me flat out they don't trust Kelley Blue Book yet they have a page for a Free Trade-In Value Report that uses KBB.
Wish I would have remembered that when I trade in my Neon for the Vue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Double GG's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Double GG reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Double GG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #3
tiger862

2006 VUE 2.2L

I just checked with nada and they sent me to autotrader and without the alloy wheels are selling for around 10k. That is more like it. Didn't know it would be that big of a difference.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help tiger862 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 06-09-2012, 07:59 AM   #4
SC2BuzzBomb
SC2BuzzBomb is on a distinguished road

1995 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger862 View Post
I just checked with nada and they sent me to autotrader and without the alloy wheels are selling for around 10k. That is more like it. Didn't know it would be that big of a difference.
They may be listed for $10K but they aren't selling for $10K. In reality you have a 6-year old small economy SUV from a defunct brand with a 4-cyl engine. The $6K is about all you can realistically expect to get for it, and it will only go down from there as the memory of Saturn fades.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SC2BuzzBomb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SC2BuzzBomb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SC2BuzzBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 10:56 AM   #5
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

2006 VUE 3.5L

From what I've read 6 cylinder vehicles generally have better resale value than 4 cylinder vehicles. And a Caravan can haul a lot more stuff than a Vue, so that probably accounts for why it has higher resale. What amazes me is that when you look at some used car sites older Vues are selling for a bunch of money!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 11:33 AM   #6
BobbyP
Master Member
BobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really niceBobbyP is just really nice

2006 VUE Red Line
2007 SKY

Maybe the VTi failures have drove down the published prices on the VUE.

From my experience Chrysler's minivans have poor repair records on their automatic transmissions and ac's. Many of them with the 2.7L engines never reach 100k before a major engine failure. I know a Chrysler freak that has become an expert rebuilding this engine, despite the failures he still likes them...

Even the rentals with low mileage the transmissions don't shift quite right. You can feel a shutter before shifting the lower gears. I have been avoiding them, unless I need the space.

2006 Black VUE Red Line - Now running iOS 7 Beta 7

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to BobbyP's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help BobbyP reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
BobbyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:42 PM   #7
tyrelirwin
tyrelirwin is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyP View Post
Maybe the VTi failures have drove down the published prices on the VUE.
I don't know that there was much to drive down...

I agree with SC2...

It is what it is.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tyrelirwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tyrelirwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tyrelirwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:05 PM   #8
tiger862

2006 VUE 2.2L

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2BuzzBomb View Post
They may be listed for $10K but they aren't selling for $10K. In reality you have a 6-year old small economy SUV from a defunct brand with a 4-cyl engine. The $6K is about all you can realistically expect to get for it, and it will only go down from there as the memory of Saturn fades.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...23017112&Log=0

This is what they get in my area. This price is also what I paid for mine 2.5 years ago with 84000 miles on it. I have the alloys on it as well.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 06-09-2012, 03:26 PM   #9
tyrelirwin
tyrelirwin is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE Red Line

Wow, overpriced.

Mine is a RL, '04, AWD, with sunroof, and I only paid $5K.

Had just over 100K on it.

I realize the one shown is newer than mine, but not $5K newer...

For the same price, this is a WAY better car: http://alberta.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ383295791

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tyrelirwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tyrelirwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
tyrelirwin is offline   Reply With Quote