SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
red92xblue
red92xblue is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2001 SC2
Default pcm power control module identification

I own a 1996 sl2 automatic. I want to buy a spare PCM. What numbers do i go by to match one up? At the top of the sticker mine reads 21007798 21023726 Automatic then there is another set of numbers at the bottom of the sticker 867798M252972SRG. Which numbers do I use . Or, should I go by model years making sure its says automatic and that the egr and fuel injection style is like mine.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to red92xblue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help red92xblue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
red92xblue is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-29-2012, 12:39 PM   #2
madpogue
madpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud ofmadpogue has much to be proud of

1996 SW2
Default Re: pcm power control module identification

Make sure it's from a '96 or '97 DOHC (SC2, SL2, SW2) automatic with the same combination of: (* cruise control; * RKE; * A/C; * ABS) as the recipient car. Body style does not matter.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:29 PM   #3
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2
Default Re: pcm power control module identification

The PCM is identical for 96 and 97 but the firmware is not. If you do not want to deal with a reflash then get one from a 96 DOHC automatic.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote