SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
rob.ski
rob.ski is on a distinguished road

Default Service ESC Service Traction

I have a 2008 Aura (3.5) and have been getting Service ESC, Service Traction messages randomly for a long time. At first it would only happen when damp or raining. Dealer couldn't reproduce the problem. Now it happens every time I drive the car. Checked DTC and had 2 P0106 codes. Can this be related? Also, the car has low speed idle issues. When I come to a stop (without A/C on) idle bounces around and drops to around 500 rpm. Some times it feels like it will stall.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rob.ski's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rob.ski reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
rob.ski is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
whiteshadow
whiteshadow is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Service ESC Service Traction

A P0106 could be caused by:

-Bad MAP sensor
-Water/dirt intrusion affecting MAP sensor connector
-Intermittent open in the reference, ground, or signal wire for the MAP sensor
-Intermittent short in the reference, ground, or signal wire for the MAP sensor
-Ground problem due to corrosion causing intermittent signal problem
-A break in the flexible air intake duct between the MAF and the intake manifold
-Bad PCM (do not assume the PCM is bad until you've exhausted all other possibilities)

http://www.obd-codes.com/p0106

07 aura xr
98 explorer 5.0
93 miata, not stock
77 f150

im not nice

number of times ban.T

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to whiteshadow's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help whiteshadow reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
whiteshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:17 AM   #3
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.ski View Post
... had 2 P0106 codes. Can this be related?
Yes they are related. Either a bad MAP sensor or a fault in it's wiring harness.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:29 PM   #4
rob.ski

I pulled the map sensor to inspect. Didn't have a vacuum pump to test it. Put it back in and no messages yet. Maybe the problem is in the harness. I'm still having low speed idle issues. Dropping below 500 rpm occasionally when stopped and in gear. Is there an IAC valve on this vehicle? All I see on the throttle body is MAF & vacuum valve.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help rob.ski reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-29-2012, 01:23 AM   #5
greenman
greenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the roughgreenman is a jewel in the rough

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob.ski View Post
I pulled the map sensor to inspect. Didn't have a vacuum pump to test it. Put it back in and no messages yet. Maybe the problem is in the harness. I'm still having low speed idle issues. Dropping below 500 rpm occasionally when stopped and in gear. Is there an IAC valve on this vehicle? All I see on the throttle body is MAF & vacuum valve.
There is no IAC valve. Always a good idea to clean the MAF sensor & TB if you haven't lately. If you can access a scan tool with live data you can see what the MAP sensor is up to.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 06:47 PM   #6
rob.ski

I got some CRC MAF cleaner and did the MAF sensor. I must say, between that and fiddling with the MAP sensor the car is running much better. Idle is good when stopped in gear and have not seen another Service ESC Service Traction message (yet). Not convinced I actually fixed anything (probably bad connection on that map sensor) but, at least I know where to look next time. Thanks a lot for info the guys.

Rob

REWARD EXCELLENCE!