SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2012, 10:23 PM   #1
mad5387
mad5387 is on a distinguished road

Default 2002 Vue 4cyl manual Clutch stuck

Has 120k miles. I rebuilt the enigne after timing chain went out 2nd time. So I thought may as well install new clutch too was 80% gone PPlate TO bearing and all. bled the system and the clutch pedal will not go down. I had to replace master cylinder cause I broke the rod. Bleed fine checked slave fluid comes out when little valve is in and pedal depressed. Tried pushing a screwdriver in the trans hole but dint wanna push too hard cause the mount from inside is plastic. Can the TO bearing be stuck i lubed the shaft and splines, i have changed many a clutch. I really dont wanna take the tranny back out cause you have to remove the subframe and I dont have a lift.
Any Ideas Please
Thanks
Mike

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mad5387's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mad5387 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mad5387 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2012, 11:02 PM   #2
ssicarman
ssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to allssicarman is a name known to all

Default Re: 2002 Vue 4cyl manual Clutch stuck

How did you bled the clutch hydraulic system when the pedal won't go down?
Is the hydraulic line from the master all the way into the line that goes to the slave? There is a check valve in the line from the master and if the line is not into the slave fitting all of the way there will be no movement of the fluid to let the pedal move.

A lousy day in paradise is still a day in paradise.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ssicarman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ssicarman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ssicarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #3
mad5387

The pedal wont go down after bleeding. It bled fine. I took the line off pushed in the check valve and had someone push the pedal lightly and got fluid so Hydrolics are OK. There is a metal tip inside the trans that opens the check valve. Im gonna try to push it in manually and use a socket so I dont mess up the tip.
Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help mad5387 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-31-2012, 03:49 PM   #4
mad5387

Problem Solved the slave was not in all the way. Even though the metal retaining clip went in I had to turn and push in the slave cyl and had some spring like back pressure and a notch so it went flush.
Thanks
Mike

REWARD EXCELLENCE!