SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
theshackle
theshackle is on a distinguished road

Default best spark plugs?

Hey guys, I'm changing out the plugs in my '95 and '92 SL2's. I've never changed the plugs in them before so I wanted to know when purchasing new spark plugs if there is any particular brand or style that works better with these engines. I used to have an old Crown Vic that would only run right on the factory OE spec Motorcraft plugs and would actually run worse on the high end platinum plugs. I want to make sure that's not the case with the Saturn's 1.9L. Thanks for any advice.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to theshackle's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help theshackle reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
theshackle is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2012, 05:40 PM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud of

1998 SC2
Default Re: best spark plugs?

NGK BKR5ESA-11 you can order a couple of sets from RockAuto http://www.rockauto.com/ along with a new set of wires cheaper than you can buy them locally. Do not use a fine wire electrode plug. Platinum plugs are fine wire electrode.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 08:55 PM   #3
ehunter
ehunter has a spectacular aura aboutehunter has a spectacular aura about

Location: Pacifica by San Francisco 5sp Engine rebuild with the help of people here at 177K due to 500mi/qt oil consumption. After 2yrs I am back to 40mpg+ after discovering the refirb head I used was bad. Car runs better than a top. Now at 205k.

1996 SL2
Default Re: best spark plugs?

This post will save you a lot of time. Everything is there:

http://www.saturnfans.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=177672

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ehunter's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ehunter reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ehunter is offline   Reply With Quote