SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
Firefighter14
Firefighter14 is on a distinguished road

2009 VUE 2.2L
Default Fog Light Switch

I recently purchased a 2009 Vue and noticed that the factory fog lights are installed but there is no switch for them next to the headlight switch. I am wondering if all of the wiring is in place to make these operational with the addition of the switch or will the wires also need to be run. I have not had a chance to get underneath to see if the wiring is installed.

Thanks in advance.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Firefighter14's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Firefighter14 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Firefighter14 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #2
RedGeminiPA
RedGeminiPA will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 3.5L
Default Re: Fog Light Switch

Do they come on when you turn on the parking lights? I'm wondering if they were installed (aftermarket) and wired up to something else or a hidden switch.

Avid Apple, car and vacuum enthusiast. Don't hate! ;)

Current:
'04 FWD 3.5L

Previous:
'05 AWD Red Line
'02 L200

http://www.facebook.com/SaturnFansNorthEast

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedGeminiPA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedGeminiPA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RedGeminiPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
Firefighter14

2009 VUE 2.2L

RedGeminiPA-

They do not come on with the parking lights. I am not sure if they were installed aftermarket or ordered with them ( I am the second owner). I have looked for a hidden switch as well and have also tired all the other switches with no success.

I am wondering if they were possibly installed from the factory and were excluded by the buyer. Is it possible that Saturn would install all the components and just leave out the switch to meet the buyers request?

Thanks.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Firefighter14 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
RedGeminiPA
RedGeminiPA will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter14 View Post
RedGeminiPA-

They do not come on with the parking lights. I am not sure if they were installed aftermarket or ordered with them ( I am the second owner). I have looked for a hidden switch as well and have also tired all the other switches with no success.

I am wondering if they were possibly installed from the factory and were excluded by the buyer. Is it possible that Saturn would install all the components and just leave out the switch to meet the buyers request?

Thanks.
I can't imagine they'd do that. My guess is maybe the original switch went bad, and the only/cheapest switch the owner found was for one without fog lights. Did you pull the switch to see if there might be a plug inside?

Avid Apple, car and vacuum enthusiast. Don't hate! ;)

Current:
'04 FWD 3.5L

Previous:
'05 AWD Red Line
'02 L200

http://www.facebook.com/SaturnFansNorthEast

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RedGeminiPA's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RedGeminiPA reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
RedGeminiPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:16 PM   #5
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter14 View Post
RedGeminiPA-

Thanks.
Do you have owners manual for the new (to you) Vue?

If not ... you can find one on web (search using Saturn Vue Owners Manual).

In any case - see the attached extract which sort of indicates location of the Fog Lamp switch.

If the switch can't be found - its possible the head-light switch - with fog light switch - was swapped-out for some reason. It appears RockAuto has replacements for around $50.

Would you be interested in knowing where fog-lamp relay would be - if installed? I can dig up and post - assuming you don't locate the switch.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 09 Vue - Fog Lamp Switch.pdf (20.9 KB, 16 views)

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to far2grumpy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
far2grumpy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #6
far2grumpy
Master Member
far2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to allfar2grumpy is a name known to all

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

I goofed regarding price of head light switch - going to be around $100. See an example here:

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/moreinfo.php?pk=2962056

I assume the small panel to left of the rotary headlamp switch is for fog-lights.

I'll also attach the fog light wiring diagram - indicates FRT FOG relay in underhood fuse/relay box.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 09 Vue - Frnt Fog Wiring.pdf (72.9 KB, 14 views)

"Good judgement comes from experience - and a lot of that comes from bad judgement." ... Will Rogers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help far2grumpy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
Firefighter14

2009 VUE 2.2L

Thanks for the diagram.

Yes I have the manual and it shows exactly what you described...a spot next to the headlight switch. I have not removed the switch yet to see if there is a plug or not. I will put that on my list of things to do this coming.

Thanks for the all reply's. Nice to see there is such a huge community of Saturn fans still out there.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 02-26-2012, 04:30 PM   #8
far2grumpy
Master Member

2005 VUE 3.5L
2007 VUE 3.5L

One last thought - you could check the service parts sticker for any of the fog-light codes ... if one of the numbers are there you'll know the Vue was born with - or without factory fog lamps.

Here's a couple of cut-n-paste notes from factory service manual:

Service Parts ID Label
The vehicle service parts identification label is located in the driver side rear door. The label is use to help identify the vehicle original parts and options.

T37 Lamp - Fog, Deluxe

T96 Lamp - Front Fog, FMVSS (Do not use after 2009 Major Global Programs, Use T3U and VCS Family)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!