SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
joshuabornemann
joshuabornemann is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
Default two ects ports which one should i use.

so i have been posting question about my engine swap project here for a couple of days and have one final question. long story short. older engine into a newer car. 1993 into a 1996. The 1993 engine has two temp sensors on the drivers side of the block. I know that the 1996 car only uses one and and it combines both temp sensor and temp gauge. my question is does it matter which hole i use and which one i should leave plugged. i bought a new ects that is the new style combo. just wondering where to put it. top hole or bottom. does it make a difference. thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to joshuabornemann's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help joshuabornemann reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
joshuabornemann is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
OldNuc
OldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond reputeOldNuc has a reputation beyond repute

1998 SC2
Default Re: two ects ports which one should i use.

The lowest one.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 02:55 PM   #3
Canyon
Advanced Member
Canyon has a spectacular aura aboutCanyon has a spectacular aura about

1995 SC2
1999 SL1

If you end up with the extra hole plug it up with an old ECTS.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Canyon's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Canyon reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Canyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
fetchitfido
fetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud offetchitfido has much to be proud of

2001 SC2

I put brass 2-wire ECTS's in both locations, currently the connector is on the top one. At some point I'll put it on the lower one again, but I don't expect to see a change as they're so close together. I don't know if the way the water is piped through the head put's them farther apart then they look.

The proper way to fix a S-Series automatic is to replace it with a 5spd O:)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 05:36 PM   #5
joshuabornemann
joshuabornemann is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2

yeah i think i will just go buy another ects from autozone and put it in the bottom spot. car currently seems to run fine but maybe it will be even better. i will run this tank of gas out and then make the change and see if i notice a difference in running or gas mileage.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to joshuabornemann's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help joshuabornemann reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
joshuabornemann is offline   Reply With Quote