SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
Lostillini
Lostillini is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
Default 08 Aura Instrument Cluster Needles all read zero

Was driving home from shopping looked at my instrument panel which looked like it always does except that ALL the needles were registering zero. I am bright enough to know that this in no way should effect the driving of the car, it doesn't, but have no idea what is wrong with it. I am hoping it is tired and will get better but if that isn't the case I would greatly appreciate a couple things to troubleshoot or jiggle or..... replace. Thank you

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lostillini's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lostillini reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Lostillini is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2012, 11:20 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: 08 Aura Instrument Cluster Needles all read zero

Did this occur in freezing temps? A co-worker had this occur to his Avalanche a few weeks ago when NYC weather dropped below freezing for a few days. Went to work one morning without any instrument panel indications and asked around what it might be. In the end, as the day warmed up above freezing and we went home, he had everything come back to normal. A freak anomaly. See if yours recovers without doing anything otherwise the body control module handles most of the instrument panel gauges and is not (normally) affected by temperature extremes. The other possibility may be ground connection issues with the instrument panel.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:36 AM   #3
Lostillini
Lostillini is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XR
Default Re: 08 Aura Instrument Cluster Needles all read zero

turns out it was just tired :0), it was 74 degrees. Thank you for answering, I am not sure if I will have to refer back to this thread, I hope not.....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lostillini's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lostillini reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Lostillini is offline   Reply With Quote