SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Aura > Aura General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search

Old 01-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
ADGxe
ADGxe is on a distinguished road

Default Key Fob Issue (and TPMS) after Battery drain

I did a search and didn't see this problem with in the first several pages I checked, so I figured I'd try a new thread.

2008 Saturn Aura XE (40k miles), not remote start

My battery died earlier today and has since been charged and is good to go. Everything works fine as far as electronics go except for 2 things - The key fob and TPMS

I hit the unlock on the key fob, nothing. Hit the lock, nothing. Had to unlock it with the old fashion key in key-hole style and lock it with the button on the inside of the door. Also I noticed the Tire Pressure monitors aren't getting a reading. I checked the manual and didn't immediately notice anything about this.

I am guessing it reset because of the battery dying, but not sure if i have to get the fob and TPMS reprogrammed or if there's an easier fix.

2008 Aura XE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ADGxe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ADGxe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ADGxe is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2012, 01:08 AM   #2
greenman
greenman will become famous soon enough

2009 AURA XE
Default Re: Key Fob Issue (and TPMS) after Battery drain

It's a known issue. You'll need to have a dealer reflash the remote control door lock receiver/TPMS receiver with the latest update. Then they have to relearn all your fobs & tire pressure sensors. No idea how much it'll cost for labor if you're OOW.

Service Information 2008 Saturn AURA | AURA, BAS Hybrid (VIN Z) Service Manual | Document ID: 2176461
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#08-03-16-001B: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes on Al Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR) - (Jul 31, 2008)

Subject: Key Fobs Inoperative, TPM System Not Reading Correctly - Dashes On All Four Tire Readings, DTCs C0775, C0569, B3105 Set, Unable to Program TPM Sensors (Reprogram RCDLR)

Models: 2008 Chevrolet Cobalt, HHR, Malibu

2008 Pontiac G5, G6, Solstice

2008 Saturn AURA, SKY

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This bulletin is being revised to update the Important statement to reflect the new direction to no longer contact TCSC. Please discard Corporate Bulletin Number 08-03-16-001A (Section 03 - Suspension).

Condition
Some customers may comment that the key fobs are inoperative or that the TPM system is showing dashes as the reading for all four tires.

Technicians may find DTCs C0775, C0569 and B3105 set simultaneously in the RCDLR module.

In addition, the technicians may find Tire Pressure Monitoring sensors are unable to be programmed to the vehicle by adding or releasing pressure to the tire while the vehicles in the TPM learn mode.

Cause
These conditions may be caused by the following:

The RCDLR may lose its transmitter and tire pressure monitoring data from its memory if a low voltage condition occurs on the vehicle.

The ability for TPM learning by adding or releasing pressure to the tire has been disabled in the RCDLR.

Correction
Reprogram the RCDLR with an updated software calibration to address both issues listed above. This new service calibration is available on TIS2WEB using Service Programming System (SPS). As always, make sure your Tech 2 is updated with the latest software.

Important: If the Tech 2 could not establish communication with the RCDLR AND the programming event ended with error, attempt to reprogram in Service Programming System (SPS) by selecting "Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (TSB 08-03-16-001) with E4399 error -- Pass Thru Only".

Once the RCDLR module has been reflashed with the latest software and calibrations, the following may also be necessary:

Relearn all keyless entry transmitters.

Reconfigure the tire pressure placards and the tire type.

Relearn the tire pressure sensors.

Refer to SI for the procedures to relearn transmitters, placard and tire type configuration and tire pressure sensor learn.

Warranty Information
Labor Operation
Description
Labor Time

R4481
Remote Control Door Lock Receiver (RCDLR), Reprogram with SPS
Use Published Labor Operation Time

Add:
Diagnosis Time
0.0-0.3 hr

GM bulletins are intended for use by professional technicians, NOT a ""do-it-yourselfer"". They are written to inform these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or to provide information that could assist in the proper service of a vehicle. Properly trained technicians have the equipment, tools, safety instructions, and know-how to do a job properly and safely. If a condition is described, DO NOT assume that the bulletin applies to your vehicle, or that your vehicle will have that condition. See your GM dealer for information on whether your vehicle may benefit from the information.
WE SUPPORT VOLUNTARY TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATION

2012 General Motors Corporation. All rights reserved.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
ADGxe
ADGxe is on a distinguished road

Alright, thanks!

I'll give my dealer a call and find out (about) how much it'll run me

2008 Aura XE

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ADGxe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ADGxe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
ADGxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #4
dano92sl
dano92sl has a spectacular aura aboutdano92sl has a spectacular aura about

2002 SC2

Is this something that we need to be concerned about when replacing the (car) battery? In other words you could have this problem rather than just losing radio stations when swapping out a battery?
I remember (years ago) seeing a guy at a Sears connect a small (9volt I think) battery to my terminals (I think) while he replaced the battery. Anyone know the correct way to do that without frying anything?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dano92sl's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dano92sl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dano92sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
onefunkar
Master Member
onefunkar has a spectacular aura aboutonefunkar has a spectacular aura aboutonefunkar has a spectacular aura about

2008 Outlook XR
2007 AURA XR

that would be a great idea so you wouldnt have to reprogram radio, power windows, etc.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to onefunkar's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help onefunkar reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
onefunkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #6
greenman
greenman will become famous soon enough

2009 AURA XE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dano92sl View Post
Is this something that we need to be concerned about when replacing the (car) battery? In other words you could have this problem rather than just losing radio stations when swapping out a battery?
Only if you have one of the vehicles specified in that bulletin & the update has not been done.

Quote:
I remember (years ago) seeing a guy at a Sears connect a small (9volt I think) battery to my terminals (I think) while he replaced the battery. Anyone know the correct way to do that without frying anything?
You can buy those 9v gizmos that just plug into a power port:

http://www.amazon.com/Vehicle-Settin...6843816&sr=8-5

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to greenman's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help greenman reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
greenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #7
dano92sl

2002 SC2

Thanks for the idea Greenman! I only think of it as I'm swapping out a battery, that it would be good to keep the memory energized. I just ordered one from eBay for $11 with shipping. Now, hopefully I'll remember that I have it when the need arises.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help dano92sl reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #8
xraura
xraura is on a distinguished road

What did they call that power saver on ebay? would like to pick one up as well since you lose saved shift points etc. also with battery change.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to xraura's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help xraura reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
xraura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #9
dano92sl

2002 SC2

Xraura, in eBay Motors it should be under "car memory saver"

REWARD EXCELLENCE!