SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Have You Ever Been Caught Speeding in Your Saturn?
Yes 42 40.78%
No 61 59.22%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 10:05 AM   #81
yellekkelurock
yellekkelurock is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Sedan

yeah, I have. The bad thing is, it was my dad who pulled me over. He got me going 58 in a 40. He left me go but he was really furious with me.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yellekkelurock's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yellekkelurock reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-02-2004, 12:54 AM   #82
nitestkr
nitestkr is on a distinguished road

NO

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nitestkr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nitestkr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-04-2004, 10:04 PM   #83
toyfan1
toyfan1 is on a distinguished road

1999 SW2

knock on wood...not yet.

HEY, I'M JUST THE PARTS GUY!!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to toyfan1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help toyfan1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-05-2004, 12:29 AM   #84
nitestkr
nitestkr is on a distinguished road

Not in my saturn or mustang, corvette,
camaro only time i ever got a speeding ticket was in a pinto

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to nitestkr's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help nitestkr reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-06-2004, 02:54 PM   #85
Grandpa
Grandpa is on a distinguished road

Never been pulled over in either of my Saturns.......Knocking on wood.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Grandpa's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Grandpa reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-09-2004, 05:05 PM   #86
unstable23
unstable23 is on a distinguished road

Default not me, but...

...the wife did, driving my car, amusingly enough.

Tooling along I-80 in the middle-of-nowhere, PA, I was half asleep, as it was like 7.30am. Pop up over a rise, see cop :o: , stand on brakes, still get nailed. Clocked at 82 in a 65, but as it was blatantly a BS revenue ticket (we're not going to fight a ticket 3.5 hours drive away), he wrote it as 75. Still, the ticket was >$100
She thinks it was mainly cos the car rides so smooth that she didn't even notice she was doing 80

Me, I've been lucky. Regularly zoom along the 50-55 highway near me at 70, but see the cops sitting on the shoulder just in time to slow down sharp like. Stupid road is just a collection of speed traps joined with asphalt, so rarely get to open her up. But hot damn, she really really pulls off the line...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to unstable23's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help unstable23 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-27-2004, 02:51 PM   #87
matt2791
matt2791 is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-2 Sedan

In my '97 SL 1, many times!
In my '03 Ion, no (lose your license twice and you learn patience behind the wheel!)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to matt2791's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help matt2791 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-27-2004, 08:55 PM   #88
KoolVue
Advanced Member
KoolVue is on a distinguished road

2007 ION-2 Sedan
2002 VUE 3.0L

i got nailed doing 86 in 70 by a Tennessee State Trooper the other day while driving my VUE. He did not care that I was a Juvenile Probation Officer for the State of Tennesse. (Most local law enforcement would have cut me a break.) He also didn't care that I was going with the flow of traffic. He basically told me that he happen to look up and visual saw me go by and therefore picked me.
The only good thing from this situation is that the fact that I have a "clean" driving record and this is my first offense in the town he pulled me over, I should be able to go to traffic school instead of going to court and keep this one off my record.
I do have a question for the members of law enforement on this board. When a series of cars drive by exceding the speed limit and are not violating other traffic laws (i.e. weaving in and out of traffic or following to close) who do you choose to pull over. Do you ever pick out the junky cars, expensive cars, or pimped out cars?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KoolVue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KoolVue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-18-2004, 11:27 AM   #89
bigad21
bigad21 is on a distinguished road

I love to speed in my saturn because she's the golden goddess of speed. I've gotten pulled over twice though. one on easter 2002

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bigad21's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bigad21 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-20-2004, 06:07 PM   #90
Capone72
Capone72 is on a distinguished road

I got pulled over doing 66 in a 35.I could of got my license but the Officer let me off with a 50 in a 35.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Capone72's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Capone72 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 02-28-2004, 12:16 AM   #91
kevinthenerd
kevinthenerd is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-1 Sedan

46 in a 35. Forgot my wallet that day (which was REALLY odd).

This stuff gets expensive.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to kevinthenerd's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help kevinthenerd reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-04-2004, 05:12 PM   #92
Kevin94SL
Kevin94SL is on a distinguished road

2006 ION-3 Sedan

Pulled over ~1 month ago for 122km/h in an 80 zone.... Got let off (good old work... Fire Dept coat on!!!!)... Would've been approx $320, and 4 points (not to mention the ****ing insurance increase!!!)

Kevin

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Kevin94SL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Kevin94SL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-08-2004, 09:19 AM   #93
Xanthorpe
Xanthorpe is on a distinguished road

Default re: Speeding in my Saturn...

Fortunately no tickets in 4+ years. It's not that I always drive the speed limit...I just pay attention! Also, I think my gold SL-2 just doesn't "look" like a speeding car. Besides, with all the freaking SUV's out there, it's easy to catch a radar shield :-)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Xanthorpe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Xanthorpe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-09-2004, 04:15 PM   #94
ender
ender is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

I was doing 98 in a 65 at night, i saw the cop flip on his lights and cross the median, so i switched of my fog lights and ducked in between two semis and slowed way down. By the time he caught up and he passed me by looking for some sucker with four sets of lights not just two, i quickly excited the highway and that was a close as i have come to getting a ticket ever.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ender's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ender reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-13-2005, 01:18 PM   #95
lion
lion is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-1 Sedan
2005 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Have You Ever Been Caught Speeding in Your Saturn?

Yeah yeah i know this is kind of a dead post but i got to tell a store... a rather funny yet stupid story...

To answer the question Yes 4 tickets....

#1) friday night, little wet out.... pulled over doing 103 in a 45 + drag racing (yes i won ahha) [sl2 92]

#2) 31 in a 25 on private property.... yeah what bull... it was at my school...[92 sl2]

#3) Unsafe acceleration and 79 in a 45. Once again drag racing [sl2 01]

#4) Now this is the best one. and well i got to tell the story behind it to... I live in Chicago and myself along with some of my friends wanted to go up to canada.... to... not drink.... okay fine it was basicly a drinking trip and its legal to drink there ate the age of 19, still some of us were under that age. Well anyways on the way home i was doing about 90 and decided "hell its an open road and why not stomp on it" ehh what a mistake that was, came over a hill and i was like wow if i was a cop i would be sitting right there... and sure as hell there was one... Ticket was for 182 kph. Well that is basicly 115 in a 55.... In canada that is a feloney speeding ticket. Well it was about 1/4 mile from the us border. The cop handed me the ticket and told me i would need to return for court i laughed at him and told him i was not going to come back nor was i going to pay the ticket. He then took the ticket back from and and asked "Well what would a reasonable ticket be back in the states" I laughed and i was like "50 bucks?" he wrote me a ticket for 25kph or something like that... it was 115 CAD. Buuuuut i decided not to pay it. About 4 months later they sent me a letter asking "Please pay your fines we need the money to pay for our highways and workers" and well went on like that. So i payed them....

Anyways im done.

2005 Black Ion-1
Stock, including no floor mats!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lion's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lion reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-13-2005, 05:39 PM   #96
sf94sw2
sf94sw2 is on a distinguished road

Nope. The little red wagon slips blissfully "under the radar". I saw an officer while doing 90. Either the car has a cloaking device or he was fishing in the box for a donut.

Viva la Saturna!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to sf94sw2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help sf94sw2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-13-2005, 07:27 PM   #97
EvilCody
EvilCody is on a distinguished road

Location: Massachusetts (Currently stationed in Cherry Point N.C.)

1997 SL2

I have once. 70 in a 55. I learned my lesson...

Support our troops!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to EvilCody's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help EvilCody reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-13-2005, 08:48 PM   #98
SilverION
SilverION is on a distinguished road

2004 ION Red Line

I've had a few, but for most of them I accepted my guilt.

The only one that really ticked me off was for going 80 in a 65 zone. The annoying thing was that I was in the left lane passing at about 75, and the cop pulled behind me in a very stealthily marked car (lights inside, no markings visible from the front). He basically tailgaited me until I sped up to pass more quickly (to let him pass me). Then he pulled me over! He was a real @#!$ too.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SilverION's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SilverION reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-13-2005, 09:09 PM   #99
NavyCPO
NavyCPO is on a distinguished road

1993 SL2

Nope! 24 years of driving and never a ticket. Knock on lots of wood!!!!

Jim Hunter, Chief Petty Officer, USN, Retired
93 Saturn SL2 Automatic

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to NavyCPO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help NavyCPO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 01-13-2005, 10:38 PM   #100
SCRMFN
SCRMFN is on a distinguished road

Within one week of getting my 1995 SC2, 75 in a 55 zone. When the policeman was writing the ticket he keep telling how much liked the car and keep asking me questions about it.

The last thing he told me when he left was that he loved the interior.

Sky Ordered
Yellow Black Trim
Zoom Zoom

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SCRMFN's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SCRMFN reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread