SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Have You Ever Been Caught Speeding in Your Saturn?
Yes 42 40.78%
No 61 59.22%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2003, 01:29 PM   #21
Xanatos
Xanatos is on a distinguished road

86 in a 55

The cop let me go. But I had to pull a lie out of my ass

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Xanatos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Xanatos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2003, 04:42 PM   #22
silverblueL200

65 in a 45...70 bucks after that annoying four hour class

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to silverblueL200's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help silverblueL200 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!

Old 03-24-2003, 07:41 PM   #23
GR898SL2
Master Member
GR898SL2 will become famous soon enoughGR898SL2 will become famous soon enough

I was stopped for doing 55 in a 40 zone on my way to work. The officer had me dead to rights. The fine was $75 and points and to make matters worse, my boss found out and wasn't too happy.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GR898SL2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GR898SL2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 08:39 PM   #24
L300_in_MO
L300_in_MO is on a distinguished road

<95 in a 55...my first offense... haha this sux cuz i'm only 16!!!>

You should have had your license revoked. If anyone so irresponsible should hurt a family member of mine, you'd better be watching your back!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L300_in_MO's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L300_in_MO reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 08:48 PM   #25
RustyJCNC
Advanced Member
RustyJCNC is on a distinguished road

The poll said "caught speeding" then the topic said got a ticket. I have never recieved a ticket. However, I was pulled over about three years ago, a day before I began my employment at WPD...needless to say, I didn't get a ticket....I was very lucky. 60 in a 45.

I've only recieved one ticket, and that was when I was 17...I was going 85 in a 55 in my Maxima. Man, do I regret that one =)

$145.00 fine only, talked to the DA, she felt bad for me because I only had my license for a few months.

-j

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RustyJCNC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RustyJCNC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 08:49 PM   #26
RustyJCNC
Advanced Member
RustyJCNC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by GR898SL2
I was stopped for doing 55 in a 40 zone on my way to work. The officer had me dead to rights. The fine was $75 and points and to make matters worse, my boss found out and wasn't too happy.

"Dead to Rights" is the best Xbox game I have ever played. Sorry, it reminded me of the game.

-j

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RustyJCNC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RustyJCNC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:10 PM   #27
Dr. Bob
Master Member
Dr. Bob is on a distinguished road

Nope, I haven't. Only time I speed is when it is unsafe to drive the limit due to faster traffic flow. Fortunately, that doesn't happen much where I drive.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Dr. Bob's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Dr. Bob reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:28 PM   #28
ProDarwin
Master Member
ProDarwin is on a distinguished road

80 in a 65. Took the "Driver Improvement" class. What a load of crap. VA has ultra conservative speed limits. Many roads here jump up 10 to 15mph when crossing into Maryland or WV.

Does anyone know the rules as far as a cop pulling you over in another state? When I was on a road trip a long time ago, my dad was cruising at around 120 in our Shelby Charger about 10 miles from the Kansass/Colorado Border. He said that if a cop saw him, he could outrun him to the border, and be fine.

-Travis

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ProDarwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ProDarwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:31 PM   #29
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Default Re: Re: Have You Ever Gotten a Speeding Ticket in Your Saturn?

Quote:
Originally posted by piney
The poll is have you ever been caught speeding in your Saturn and then you ask have you ever gotten a ticket in your Saturn. Getting caught does not always mean getting one though.
Piney, good catch! I fixed the error.

Thanks!
Charlie

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-25-2003, 08:08 AM   #30
03VUEAWDVTI
Advanced Member
03VUEAWDVTI is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by ProDarwin
80 in a 65. Took the "Driver Improvement" class. What a load of crap. VA has ultra conservative speed limits. Many roads here jump up 10 to 15mph when crossing into Maryland or WV.

Does anyone know the rules as far as a cop pulling you over in another state? When I was on a road trip a long time ago, my dad was cruising at around 120 in our Shelby Charger about 10 miles from the Kansass/Colorado Border. He said that if a cop saw him, he could outrun him to the border, and be fine.
Your Dad was wrong. The highway patrol WILL follow past a state line, AND notify the neighbouring state of the chase, involving them as well. When they catch you, you will have the number of charges doubled on you as both states pile them on. Had your Father been caught speeding like that, he would have spent a considerable amount of time in the greybar hotel.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 03VUEAWDVTI's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 03VUEAWDVTI reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-25-2003, 10:08 AM   #31
99SC1-R
99SC1-R is on a distinguished road

2008 Astra XR

Well i have been fortunate enough not to get caught, but it came close.
In KM/h, i was doing 170 in a 90 zone, 90 being the average highway limit in Quebec.

Lucky for me the cop was just backing into his hiding spot when i saw him so i had to stand on the brakes or i would have gotten slapped with a real ugly ticket.

Is it just in Quebec, or does it happen everywhere that cops hide with their radar guns?

I mean they actually hide, they are never out in open view like on the road side, always behind an overpass, behind a sign or on top of an overpass. Is this just Quebec, or everywhere?

I have been to the US several times and much of Canada but i never really noticed.

Someone enlighten me please

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 99SC1-R's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 99SC1-R reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-25-2003, 06:33 PM   #32
spencerb
Master Member
spencerb will become famous soon enoughspencerb will become famous soon enough

2008 Astra XR

Here's a stupid person story for y'all:

A buddy of mine was driving an Eclipse and got pulled over in a small town on a two lane highway for going about 15 over the limit.

Speeding 15 over
No Insurance
Expired registration
Suspended license

The cop LET HIM GO!!! However... an hour later he got pulled over in ANOTHER town. Yep, speeding. This time he wasn't so lucky. Car impounded, no money to get it out, so the bank repo'd it.

You would think he would learn a lesson. Someone up above gave him a serious bit of grace and he blew it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to spencerb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help spencerb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-25-2003, 06:51 PM   #33
ProDarwin
Master Member
ProDarwin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally posted by 03VUEAWDVTI
Your Dad was wrong. The highway patrol WILL follow past a state line, AND notify the neighbouring state of the chase, involving them as well. When they catch you, you will have the number of charges doubled on you as both states pile them on. Had your Father been caught speeding like that, he would have spent a considerable amount of time in the greybar hotel.
Good thing we weren't caught.

-Travis

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ProDarwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ProDarwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-25-2003, 09:43 PM   #34
FrankPika
FrankPika is on a distinguished road

Default a canadian in michigan

I got two tickets in the highways around Detroit.
I'm a canadian, and cross the Detroit/Windsor border everyday to go to work on the US side.

I had been driving fast, 80/90 on 70mph highways for about two years before my first ticket. And I was actually coming from a bar, and I had a loud CD on and I think i was doing 90 in a 60. I was scared pretty bad. But I had only had two beers in 3 hours or so, the cop gave me the test, had me stand on one leg and all that, I told him to just go ahead and give me the breathalizer I knew I was under the legal limit. In the end the cop told me that out of the all the people he's pulled over and tested, that was the best anyone has ever done and gave me at ticket for 15 over.

The second time, it was a few months after this ticket, same highway, I'm driving slow and carefull now, but these guys are bugging me driving really slow in the left lane, so I am changing lanes a lot, and overtaking on the right also, but all the time keeping within a few mph of the speed limit. A cop pulled me over and gave me a ticket for doing 5 !! over.

I think that was an 85$ ticket. The 15 mph over was something like a 125$ ticket.

Btw. if you're courious, being a canadian and getting a ticket in the states, the cop asked me for 100$ cash as bond/proof that I would show up in court. He did not take credit cards. He would have accepted like a CAA/AAA card for example that can be used as bond up to $1000 dollars. Having neither, they take your drivers license and give you a receit. You get your drivers license back after you show up to pay your fine.. Also, I doubt that any points got transferred to the canadian side of the border, my insurance rate never went up.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to FrankPika's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help FrankPika reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-26-2003, 03:04 PM   #35
1993SC2
Advanced Member
1993SC2 is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2

I pushed my car to 95 but one of my friends was almost urinating inside my car so I had to slow down so he wouldn't....

One day coming home from school I hear a giant farting noise and in my mirror in the right lane (I was in the left lane) there's this civic with a body kit, dubs, and a big ugly wing. I drop to 3rd, nail it, and rocket my way away complete with wounded rear end (still not fixed since hit by '93 SC1 in oct '02), but I put it back into 5th and calm down back to the same speed as the car next to me so he couldn't pass. This really irratated him, and since I had to take a left at the next light, there was room for him to give me a 'flyby'. I wonder what that chinese lettering on his driver's door window means in English. Is that even legal?

I have a bunch of other stories, like how I beat a rather new yellow Integra "type R" with steelies, but despite seeing hoards of the fuzz, I never got stopped.

Then: 1993SC2m
Now: 1996 Jeep XJ, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 650

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 1993SC2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 1993SC2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-26-2003, 05:24 PM   #36
blackandwhite
blackandwhite is on a distinguished road

Yeah, for doing 92 in a 75 on I-10 outside of el paso. I was just following traffic...

Turns out the cop was sympathetic (we were coming home from a funeral) and let me off with a written warning.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to blackandwhite's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help blackandwhite reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-26-2003, 11:32 PM   #37
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member
Hiddenlites is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2
Post Not speeding, but still a ticket

Quote:
Originally posted by ProDarwin
[B]80 in a 65. Took the "Driver Improvement" class. What a load of crap. VA has ultra conservative speed limits. Many roads here jump up 10 to 15mph when crossing into Maryland or WV.
I got a ticket for failing to reduce speed to avoid an accident. I was guilty of this seeing that I was following to closely to the Astro van in front of me while driving my mom's dustbuster (aka Lumina van). He had to make a sudden stop, and I ended up clipping him while trying to maneuver around him, since I didn't leave enough room to stop in time. To keep the ticket from staying on my record, Cook County allowed me to take a 4-hour driver safety course.

Lucky for me, I only had to spend two hours in the class. The electricity went out in the court house while I was attending class, so the rest of the class was cancelled and the ticket was removed from my record!

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2008 Saturn VUE Redline 175k sold 7/8/16
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenlites's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-26-2003, 11:53 PM   #38
rebelpride04
rebelpride04 is on a distinguished road

i got you all beat. 75 in a 35, going to school. then searched me and my saturn for drugs. haha.

i know its nothing to brag about but i beat y'all

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to rebelpride04's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help rebelpride04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-27-2003, 12:07 AM   #39
rebelpride04

oh i forgot that 6 months after i got my license i was pulled for doing 50 in a 35 but the damned cop just gave me a ticket for following too close! the judge made me do 12 hrs of community service. whoopdido. never on my record either.

my best advice is to either spend around $40 to take an amateure radio to get a police scanner or get a cb radio and talk to the truckers

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help rebelpride04 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-27-2003, 12:08 AM   #40
rebelpride04

oh and also pulled over for lights. don't get the led license plate bolts.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread