SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Site Information > Community Center > Polls and Questions
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Have You Ever Been Caught Speeding in Your Saturn?
Yes 42 40.78%
No 61 59.22%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 11:08 PM   #1
Charlie
Administrator
Charlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to beholdCharlie is a splendid one to behold

2008 Outlook XR
2005 VUE Red Line
Question Have You Ever Gotten a Speeding Ticket in Your Saturn?

Have you ever been caught speeding in your Saturn? What happened?

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie; 03-24-2003 at 10:30 PM..

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Charlie's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Charlie reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2003, 12:09 AM   #2
helikid15
helikid15 is on a distinguished road

yes... just got one... 95 in a 55...the cop also gave me 4 other tickets. reckless driving and no use of turn signals.. which i was using..but oh well, he also gave me a ticket for "NO INSURANCE" because my new insurance card was not in my car, the one i had in there was 4 days expired... and last but not least, , ILLEGAL window tint.... yep...i screwed myself big one on that... i was very polite and calm with him, but he kept joking around by sayin.."you wanna go to jail..free food and everything".... man... all the tickets say "COURT" on it.... no price on either boxes....just court...my first offense... haha this sux cuz i'm only 16!!! by the way, i drive a 5 speed 92' saturn, 2 inch drop, intake, exhaust, 85mph in 1/4 mile...haha slow, but fun for my first car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to helikid15's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help helikid15 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:26 AM   #3
Tuanies
Advanced Member
Tuanies is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2

Yes, 44mph in a 30, stupid speed trap, didn't go on my record but I was fined $86

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Tuanies's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Tuanies reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:27 AM   #4
benpatient
benpatient is on a distinguished road

yeah you are screwed...the insurance thing you can get taken off if you show proof you were insured at the time...if you can get someone to show or say that the tint was done before you owned the car, then that is also not a problem. the speeding you just have to suck it up. depending on the state and the type of officer who pulled you over, you're looking at 300-700 dollars and/or probably some kind of community service.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to benpatient's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help benpatient reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:28 AM   #5
tracylee
tracylee is on a distinguished road

Never, my dark green SL1 sedan is invisible. I've been caught speeding on a road near my parents where I grew up, but all I got was a warning flash of the overhead lights!

The last speeding ticket I got was when I had a red car (Datsun), hmmm.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to tracylee's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help tracylee reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:37 AM   #6
Hiddenlites
Advanced Member
Hiddenlites is on a distinguished road

1993 SC2
Default Speeding ticket?

I've never gotten a speeding ticket in my RED SC2. I regularly drive 70-80mph on the tollways around here (posted is 55), and 5-10 over on any other road. I guess that I'm lucky and should be a little more careful before my luck runs out. Because if I do get pulled over, the friendly police officer is also going to write a fix-it ticket for my naturally swiss cheesed muffler.

1993 Saturn SC2 75k
2004 Chevy Silverado Z71
2008 Saturn VUE Redline 175k sold 7/8/16
2013 Honda Accord Coupe
2016 GMC Acadia

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Hiddenlites's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Hiddenlites reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 01:24 AM   #7
piney
Master Member
piney will become famous soon enoughpiney will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Have You Ever Gotten a Speeding Ticket in Your Saturn?

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie

Have you every gotten a speeding ticket in your Saturn? What happened?

Charlie
The poll is have you ever been caught speeding in your Saturn and then you ask have you ever gotten a ticket in your Saturn. Getting caught does not always mean getting one though.

Yes, in the summer of 1991 in my 1991, brand new. Fortunately a buddy of mine stopped me

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to piney's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help piney reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 01:36 AM   #8
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

I was saved two times. Once on the highway I was only going 10-12 miles or so over the speed limit and saw the lights, so I changed lanes over and was pulling over on the shoulder. Then out of nowhere a Porche going I don't know how fast flies by both me and the cop behind me.

It was like the cop looked at me, looked at the Porche and roared off after him. I was stunned for a minute, then drove the speed limit to where I was going.

A second time I was on the street and went speeding through a yellow/red light and a cop was right on me and I pulled over into the next parking lot.

Once again some nut races through and was going way faster than the speed limit and the cop went after this guy as well!

Both incidents were about 5 years apart. I answered no to the poll, but both those times I was dead to rights and it was only the extreme stupidity of others that saved me tickets both times.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 06:26 AM   #9
bennett9000
bennett9000 has a spectacular aura aboutbennett9000 has a spectacular aura about

I was robbed. 57 in a 45 zone, at 2:30 AM, coming home from a movie on a Tuesday night. NO traffic at all.

2:30 in the morning! I think a warning would have sufficed in that situation...

-Andy

01 SL1 (2011-2014) • 99 SW2 (2002-2009) • 95 SL2 (1997-2002)
00 ROUSH Cougar V6 • 03 SVT Focus #2370 • 08 Mustang Bullitt #5389 • 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to bennett9000's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help bennett9000 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 08:18 AM   #10
Galileo
Master Member
Galileo is on a distinguished road

2007 AURA XE
Default Yes

I've had enough speeding tickets to have my license suspended twice! Most of them were in my medium red SL2 so I think it may have been the color that got the officers' attention. I shouldn't even tempt bad luck by saying that, in the two years I've had my green SC2, I haven't gotten a speeding ticket yet..... and I normally drive about 15 mph over the limit.

The most memorable stop was in, of course, my SL2. After the cop had me sign the citation, he stepped back and looked over my car and said, "This is a real nice car, do you like it?"..... seeing that I had nothing else to lose, I replied, "yeah, it's pretty fast."

Beautiful People First~

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Galileo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Galileo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:09 AM   #11
SonataInFSharp
SonataInFSharp is on a distinguished road

2008 AURA XE

I guess I am the lame one; I follow the rules. I usually go one mile over the limit at most, with cruise. (This is because my speedometer is 0.6 mph off, so I guess I am not speeding anyway.) Even at 2:30am when there is no traffic!

The only speeding experience I had resulted in no ticket, and it wasn't even in a Saturn, but it was enough to calm me down.

*Drive it like you bought it.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SonataInFSharp's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SonataInFSharp reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 09:25 AM   #12
eRic 02sc2
eRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura abouteRic 02sc2 has a spectacular aura about

within the first two weeks of purchasing my 92 sc i found out what 124 mph was like. luckily i was slowed down to about 70-80 mph when the cop saw me. he couldn't tell how fast i was really going so he wrote me up for 60 in a 55 mph zone. d'oh!

eRic 02sc2
DR SCCA Solo 2001,2002 1st DSP
WHRRi 2007,2010 Fun Run 1st
DR SCCA 2008 Triathalon 1st PF
DR SCCA Solo 2009 2nd ST
DR SCCA Solo 2010 1st ST
Crutchfield: pkeqe-6j8e3-d2qqe

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to eRic 02sc2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help eRic 02sc2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 10:58 AM   #13
swoker183
swoker183 is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line

yup, 65 in a 25

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to swoker183's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help swoker183 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:11 AM   #14
XtremeGrandAm
Master Member
XtremeGrandAm is on a distinguished road

Well I got one ticket in my 92 SL I was in a hurry to get home from school and was going to fast. Then I got 2 tickets when I had my 01 Yellow SC2. One was on the highway and one was at school from my school police

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XtremeGrandAm's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XtremeGrandAm reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:40 AM   #15
svbb
svbb is on a distinguished road

Due to the nature of my job, I had to go into the office at midnight the night Swissair Flight 111 crashed. (Sept 2, 98). At 3 AM, I was driving home in my 98 SC-2 manual. As I was going through town, and a cop caught me at 39 in a 25 as I was mindlessly working my way through the gears. She cut me no slack. I went to court, and the judge knocked the fine down to $10 (from $80) with no points.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to svbb's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help svbb reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:46 AM   #16
03VUEAWDVTI
Advanced Member
03VUEAWDVTI is on a distinguished road

I answered NO as I haven't been stopped for any reason since buying my VUE.

I was pulled over once in the speedtrap known as Boyd during my ownership of the orange SC2. The cop tried to tell me that I was doing 50 in a 35, despite sitting right in sight of a 45 sign. He then pointed out that I was still doing 50, to which I told him that I knew that and had overshot the speed and was already slowing back down when he lit me up. He let me leave.

Worst stop was in my neighbours SL1. North Texas Motor Speeway was having a race event, and the Ft. Worthless Police department was doing its level best to top their previous level of ineptness from the last event. I pulled off to the side of the road to ask about where I needed to go so that my neighbour and I could continue on the way to work. The "officer" (I'll be polite here), proceeded to throw a huge tantrum for having to leave his "spot" and walk over to us. While doing this, he started shouting out to everybody that he needed a ticket book as he intended to write citations.

This of course got BOTH me and my neighbour ticked off enough that we were angrily discussing what this idiots problem was loudly between ourselves, using the usual hothead language. The "officer" then actually had the gall to be "offended" by our anger and language, DESPITE us not saying a single word TO him while he was writing his BS tickets. He wrote two - one for ignoring a traffic control device, and one for travelling down the wrong side of the road - both of which were total BS tickets, and were dismissed so quickly by the court - along with every single other ticket written by that "officer" to other drivers that day - that even the courts seemed to not take the "officer" seriously.

My most interesting slew of stops came shortly after buying my 3/4 ton truck. I kept being pulled over for the most nitpicky of alleged violations. Every single officer kept asking me if the truck was my truck - AFTER taking my paperwork and license. I never received a ticket from any of those stops. I guess there must be some unwritten law stating that younger people aren't suppopsed to have nice things.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 03VUEAWDVTI's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 03VUEAWDVTI reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 11:47 AM   #17
cary
cary is on a distinguished road

In California, as long as you travel with the flow of traffic, chances are you will never get a ticket. Most freeways are 65 mph. Most traffic travels about 70 mph. On highway 15, that runs from Southern California to Los Vegas, through the desert, speeds of 85 or 90+ mph or not uncommon. Of course, lots of people die on 15. So far I have not been stopped for speeding, the secret is to blend in with traffic.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cary's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cary reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:24 PM   #18
MyPointofVUE
MyPointofVUE is on a distinguished road

Well let's see. Yes I've been caught speeding. Both times on a holiday-1st Memorial Day and then the same year July 4th. Same road, going different directions got pulled over within 20 yards of each stop.

Both times I shouldn't have been in town on that road. Oh they had me dead to rights with speeding. I was guilty. But both times I only got a warning.

I think I was lucky it happened on holidays. On memorial day I was so fed up by the time I got pulled over I would have paid the fine and shrugged the day off as one of those "nothing is going right for me days". The alternator on my '96 Green SL2 had died 2 miles from my house at 4 am. I'd had it towed 50 miles to the closest Saturn dealer and 7 hours later was racing back to town to make sure my daycare was going to have something to eat for lunch when I get pulled over 1 mile from the daycare.

On the 4th of July I got pulled over again. I was off from work so I shouldn't have even been there but I just HAD to run by the office for one little item. I was lucky the only other police officer in that small town was on duty or I definitely would have gotten fined!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MyPointofVUE's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MyPointofVUE reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:31 PM   #19
Nuke-Em
Nuke-Em is on a distinguished road

I've only been pulled over once. The fuzz had a report of a "grey Saturn 2-door in a hit and run at a near-by mall". I was taking a turn quickly and he followed me and pulled me over. I thought I was speeding or ran the light or something. Turns out he just wanted to check to see if my car was damaged. I was tempted to say that I have a 3-door coupe and not a 2-door but decided not to try it. Nice guy though.

Matt

If God had intended driving to be boring, he would have given us all Toyota's

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Nuke-Em's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Nuke-Em reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-24-2003, 12:31 PM   #20
ricksLS1
Master Member
ricksLS1 has a spectacular aura aboutricksLS1 has a spectacular aura about

Not on either Saturn. A couple of years ago got a ticket for not coming to a complete stop. The cops in Tarrytown , N.Y do this is 2 spots each month: 1. going to the Metro North station (I was dropping my wife off) and near their Resivor. They are there ALWAYS at the middle of every month. I didn't come to a 100% stop he said. He new the ticket was a cheapie. I didn't have time to fight but the ticket couldn't be read but I was told no leg to stand on. They sent me a copy. I requested a statement from the officer on the infraction. I decieded to pay sent the fine and license. They never marked my license with the infration and sent no receipt. I called and asked them to send me one. The lady kept bugging me on the time and cost for them having to send me the materials. At least I made them work for it. I had 1 speeding ticket and one red light and this. My insurance never went up. I usually do 5 - 9 mph over the limit and stay with the pack.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to ricksLS1's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help ricksLS1 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Closed Thread