SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Advanced Forum Search | Advanced Photo Search

Old 01-07-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
turbojoe
turbojoe is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2
Default where can i buy a clutch release fork for a 99 sl2

Broke mine and cant find one in the jk yard..who sells em?

1999 Staturn SL2 5spd dohc..130,000 stock

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to turbojoe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help turbojoe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
turbojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #2
off-track
Master Member
off-track has a spectacular aura aboutoff-track has a spectacular aura about

1997 SL2
Default Re: where can i buy a clutch release fork for a 99 sl2

I'm thinking GM dealer only (if they are still available)? Otherwise, someone here might have one?

1997 - SL2, barebones, 161k, Auto - Rebuild complete and.. burnt a valve 20k later Arrgh!
Purchased 114k 10/07
Added OEM CC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to off-track's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help off-track reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
off-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
johnny95sl2
Advanced Member
johnny95sl2 is on a distinguished road

1995 SL2
1995 SC2

You need to explain how you broke a clutch fork before I go down to the garage to look . The damn thing is a solid piece of steel.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to johnny95sl2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help johnny95sl2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
johnny95sl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #4
OldNuc
OldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud of

1998 SC2

Yep, should be a good story.... (popcorn)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #5
turbojoe
turbojoe is on a distinguished road

1999 SL2

Ha..well when i bought the car it was bent already..how it got that way ill never know..but i tried to straighten it and put it all back together with a new clutch kit and hydrolic system but it broke..

1999 Staturn SL2 5spd dohc..130,000 stock

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to turbojoe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help turbojoe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
turbojoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:21 AM   #6
fetchitfido
fetchitfido is a name known to allfetchitfido is a name known to allfetchitfido is a name known to allfetchitfido is a name known to allfetchitfido is a name known to allfetchitfido is a name known to all

1996 SC2
1997 SW2

Guess I could sell one of mine.

The fork is the part that clips in on one side, goes around the input shaft (with a release bearing slid on) and then the slave cylinder push's it? Just want to make sure I'm not being a dumbass...

$30 shipped? I can take a picture of it if you want first.

My collection of S-Series info: "https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5D8XfJgavxrdE5mcHBlMG5rbUU&usp=sharing" (copy & paste between quotes)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fetchitfido's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fetchitfido reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fetchitfido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:19 PM   #7
GPCBAKER
GPCBAKER is on a distinguished road

1996 SW2

Went to my friendly Chevy dealer today to buy a clutch release fork. The Chevy dealer is where I buy all of my Saturn parts. The dealer said the fork was a discontinued item and no longer available.

Now ----why was I in need of a clutch fork you ask? Simple, the one I removed from my 96 SW2 was "worn out". Yes, I said worn out.

If reference were made to my earlier posts you would find my recent clutch problems were that I had a problem performing the WIRE TEST. Reason being the clutch fork had somehow disengaged from the throw out bearing and dropped downward not allowing the slave cylinder push rod to engage it straight forward toward the dimple in the fork. The drop caused the fork to wear on the bottom edge of the fork against the pressure plate. This caused the throwout bearing to ride against the pressure plate fingers at an angle wearing deep grooves in the pressure plate. I know - all of this sounds near impossible but the fork was ground down real good on it's bottom side. Enough for me to want to replace it. I had replaced the complete hydraulics earlier and hope it's still good.

I may have some welding done where the metal was worn away and reuse the one I have. Ed

1999 SL2, My first Saturn. GONE
1996 SW2, My second Saturn

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to GPCBAKER's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help GPCBAKER reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
GPCBAKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
svitak33
svitak33 is on a distinguished road

1998 SL2

Try rockautodotcom

It wouldnt let me post the url

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to svitak33's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help svitak33 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
svitak33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:43 PM   #9
OldNuc
OldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud ofOldNuc has much to be proud of

1998 SC2

RockAuto does not sell them. You will have to find one in a dead manual trans car as they are all the same it should not be a monumental task. Everytime a manual transmission blows the diff pin it births another spare clutch fork.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote