SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2003, 10:38 AM   #1
Applefool
Master Member
Applefool is on a distinguished road

2006 ION Red Line
Default Help finding a car

Can anyone help me find an 89 Isuzu Impulse turbo w/5spd? I have been searching all over the net, and so far found 2 in CA. I'm hoping to find one a bit closer to the east coast, and thought someone or several someones here might have some leads..

Thanks

06 Red Ion Redline w/comp package, aero wing (for now), sunroof and onstar. 224whp/195wtq - stock

98 Eddie Bauer Explorer AWD V8 - stock

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Applefool's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Applefool reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2003, 12:07 PM   #2
Jaseball
Master Member
Jaseball will become famous soon enough

I'd suggest going to a local bookstore and looking over the classifieds for area newspapers to see what is available over a few weekends and to check out a local Saturn or other used car dealer and have them run a few inquiries for you.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Jaseball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Jaseball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-21-2003, 12:21 PM   #3
pkschul
Advanced Member
pkschul is on a distinguished road

It has to be an 89?

ISUZU IMPULSE - 1989 excel cond, Very clean/cold ac $975/obo 407-905-7897 (turbo ???)

1989 ISUZU IMPULSE, 4 cyl., 5 spd., ps, pb, ac, pw, pdl, cruise, tilt, s/roof, alar,, Impulse turbo w/Lotus handling, one owner, doc. svc. record, great tires, fun to drive, $1,500 obo, 954-973-8737 (area code 954 is in FL)

1991 ISUZU IMPULSE RS - 1.6 Liter fuel injected DOHC engine, Turbocharged and intercooled, Full time 4-wheel drive, Lotus tuned sport suspension, Engine oil cooler, Power 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS, Power rack and pinion steering, Power windows/door locks, Variable intermittent windshield wipers, Remote fuel door/hatch release, Electric remote mirrors, Electric sunroof, 205/50x15HR Michelin Pilot XGT H4 radials, Aluminum alloy wheels, Driver's side air bag, Cruise control, Fog lamps, Theft deterrant system, Air conditioning, Rear wiper/washer/defogger, 5-speed manual transmission, Stereo/cassette radio with equalizer, Carpeted floor mats. Mobil 1 synthetic lubricants used in engine, transmission, transfer case, rear axle and power steering. Car cover, front bra and shop manual included. EXCELLENT CONDITION. PERFECT INTERIOR. NO RUST. NO ACCIDENTS. ORIGINAL PAINT. ORIGINAL OWNER. ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER. EVERYTHING WORKS. MORE HI-RESOLUTION PHOTOS AVAILABLE. JABRT2343M7401633.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to pkschul's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help pkschul reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-21-2003, 02:51 PM   #4
Applefool
Master Member

2006 ION Red Line
Default impulse

I would really prefer it to be an 89 (88) might due. It has to be a turbo verson with 5 spd though. I saw that 89 in florida, but its the regular 4 cyl.

90 and up they switched from rear whell to front wheel drive and completely changed body styles and it looks like a geo storm -

This is what i am looking for:

06 Red Ion Redline w/comp package, aero wing (for now), sunroof and onstar. 224whp/195wtq - stock

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help Applefool reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-21-2003, 03:26 PM   #5
pkschul
Advanced Member

Default Re: impulse

Quote:
Originally posted by Applefool
I saw that 89 in florida, but its the regular 4 cyl.
Look again... the second listing is a turbo car.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help pkschul reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-21-2003, 03:43 PM   #6
Applefool
Master Member

2006 ION Red Line
Sad doh!

Just called and it is sold.. I would have taken instant vacation time to go down and get it too...

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-21-2003, 04:23 PM   #7
pkschul
Advanced Member

Here's an 88 turbo automatic in CA... can you tell I'm bored at work today?

http://www.allhyundaiisuzuparts.com/...ls/000455.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-21-2003, 04:26 PM   #8
pkschul
Advanced Member

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/t60195.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 03-21-2003, 05:50 PM   #9
DualCamCoupe
Advanced Member
DualCamCoupe is on a distinguished road

May I ask why you want this particular car?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to DualCamCoupe's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help DualCamCoupe reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-21-2003, 08:28 PM   #10
RustyJCNC
Advanced Member
RustyJCNC is on a distinguished road

Yeah, ditto the above question? I never even knew Isuzu made a car w/ a turbo. Almost reminds me of a Delorean.

-j

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to RustyJCNC's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help RustyJCNC reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 03-22-2003, 02:42 AM   #11
Applefool
Master Member

2006 ION Red Line
Default why..

I want it because I have had one in the past, and loved it. They are quick - handling is amazing, rear wheel drive, and just plain fun and cool to look at.

Stock it did 0-60 in 7.7, and low 15's quarter mile. There is a reboost kit available that adds 30hp, and brings the 0-60 time to 6.6, and the 1/4 time in the 14's.

http://www.isuzuperformance.com/isup...t/comparo.html

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Closed Thread