SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2011, 02:54 PM   #1
Joey c
Joey c is on a distinguished road

Default Drivers side water leak

The drivers side floor is soaked on my 2007 ion, so much that it corruded the wiring to the throttle positioning sensor, anybody got any suggestions where the water is coming from

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Joey c's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Joey c reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Joey c is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2011, 04:14 PM   #2
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 will become famous soon enough2006 ion2 will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-2 Sedan
Default Re: Drivers side water leak

Sunroof?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2006 ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2006 ion2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:01 PM   #3
jess1979
jess1979 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey c View Post
The drivers side floor is soaked on my 2007 ion, so much that it corruded the wiring to the throttle positioning sensor, anybody got any suggestions where the water is coming from
I also had this problem on my 04 Ion QC. Turned out that the drain for my sunroof was plugged with gunk. I ended up pulling off the plastic fender well thing and snipping the end off the rubber grommet that holds the end of the drain hose. The drain hole is tiny originally. I snaked some weed eater line through the drain hose from the sunroof through the end where the grommet is. No more water coming in the car. It took about 1/2 hour total to do the driver's and passenger's side of my car. Hope this helps!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jess1979's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jess1979 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jess1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 01:39 PM   #4
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 will become famous soon enough2006 ion2 will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-2 Sedan

do the back, too. they come out through the trunk sides.

2007 Saturn Ion 2
2003 Chevrolet venture lt

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #5
jess1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006 ion2 View Post
do the back, too. they come out through the trunk sides.
thanks. I will have to get to that yet. Right now the check engine light is on and the tech that flushed the radiator for me ran the code and found the pigtail on the evaporator valve canister is broken. Blah! The neighbor owns a junkyard. I'm hoping I can sweet talk him into getting the part out for me. The light has been on forever though. It seems like something is breaking or needs to be done every month on this car. It's an 04 Ion 2 QC 5 speed with 74K. I bought it brand new. I just keep reminding myself the repairs and maintenance are better than a car payment, at least I know this vehicles history, except the first 12 miles.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help jess1979 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 11-10-2011, 02:16 PM   #6
2006 ion2
Master Member

2007 ION-2 Sedan

evaporator valve canister? never heard of that one

2007 Saturn Ion 2
2003 Chevrolet venture lt

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 11-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #7
jess1979

oh I meant canister vent solenoid. Duh! Sorry. Try to figure out issues with the husband's jeep and my car. My brain is getting fried.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 04-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #8
yomama604
yomama604 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

I have the same problem. Anybody have a picture or instructions for removing the " plastic fender well thing". I tried cleaning the drain hose with string triimer line but I think I made it worse. Should I be able to see the string come out the end?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1979 View Post
I also had this problem on my 04 Ion QC. Turned out that the drain for my sunroof was plugged with gunk. I ended up pulling off the plastic fender well thing and snipping the end off the rubber grommet that holds the end of the drain hose. The drain hole is tiny originally. I snaked some weed eater line through the drain hose from the sunroof through the end where the grommet is. No more water coming in the car. It took about 1/2 hour total to do the driver's and passenger's side of my car. Hope this helps!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to yomama604's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help yomama604 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
yomama604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:36 AM   #9
yomama604

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

I answered my own question.. poured some water in the drain that was working and noted where it was coming out of. Now I need to figure out how to remove the fender liner without breaking the plastic clips. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama604 View Post
I have the same problem. Anybody have a picture or instructions for removing the " plastic fender well thing". I tried cleaning the drain hose with string triimer line but I think I made it worse. Should I be able to see the string come out the end?

Thanks

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help yomama604 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 04-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #10
yomama604

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

I need to try before I ask. Took a closer look and noticed the clips are slotted. They came out pretty easily by inserting a screwdriver in the lost and pushing up.

I was able to move part of the fender liner out of the way. half way up the fender closest to the door is a 'nipple', I reached in and squeezed it a bit and a ton of liquid poured out. Please no comments :-)

I could not actually see it but I felt around and I think I got what ever was blocking it taken care of. Tested it a few times after putting everythign back and water flowed beautifully.

Hope it lasts

Quote:
Originally Posted by yomama604 View Post
I answered my own question.. poured some water in the drain that was working and noted where it was coming out of. Now I need to figure out how to remove the fender liner without breaking the plastic clips. Any suggestions?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!