SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Vue > Vue General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2011, 03:13 PM   #1
Lusiphur220
Lusiphur220 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
Default New editions for an old toy

So I recently came across an idea for a mod, but figured I'd do some research first. Turns out we still have access to some newer parts for our little "rubbermaid babies" thanks to the universal setup GM has for the Vue.
Meet the various names that the dear old Vue goes by:

Saturn Vue (R.I.P. 02-10)
Chevy Captiva Sport (soon to be released here in the states)
Daewoo Winstorm MaXX
GMC Terrain
Holden Captiva
Vauxhall Antara
Opel Antara

Then there are of course:
Chevy Equinox
Pontiac Torrent

I'm not all that sure if anyone else posted about these, but I thought it was interesting to know that there are still parts out there and a few extra options for us. :P

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lusiphur220's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lusiphur220 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Lusiphur220 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 09-02-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
XRL
Master Member
XRL will become famous soon enoughXRL will become famous soon enough

2004 VUE Red Line
Default Re: New editions for an old toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusiphur220 View Post
So I recently came across an idea for a mod, but figured I'd do some research first. Turns out we still have access to some newer parts for our little "rubbermaid babies" thanks to the universal setup GM has for the Vue.
Meet the various names that the dear old Vue goes by:

Saturn Vue (R.I.P. 02-10)
Chevy Captiva Sport (soon to be released here in the states)
Daewoo Winstorm MaXX
GMC Terrain
Holden Captiva
Vauxhall Antara
Opel Antara

Then there are of course:
Chevy Equinox
Pontiac Torrent

I'm not all that sure if anyone else posted about these, but I thought it was interesting to know that there are still parts out there and a few extra options for us. :P
The Terrain, Captiva, Anatara, Daewoo, and Captiva are all 2nd gen only. All of those but the Terrain are also clones of the 2G Vue with different badges.

The Suzuki XL7 is also built off the same Theta platform as the Vue (the new SRX is built off the newer Theta 2 as well).

There's not much shared powertrain wise though. The 1G siblings both used the 3400 V6, or the 3.6L (in Sport/GXP trim, also used in the XL7 and the 2G Vue). Many parts will fit though.

I still think the rear disc brakes from an Equinox would fit in place of our drums without much issue.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to XRL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help XRL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
XRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
Lusiphur220
Lusiphur220 is on a distinguished road

2003 VUE 2.2L
Default Re: New editions for an old toy

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRL View Post
The Suzuki XL7 is also built off the same Theta platform as the Vue (the new SRX is built off the newer Theta 2 as well).

I still think the rear disc brakes from an Equinox would fit in place of our drums without much issue.
I completely forgot about the XL7, but I'm sure there's a chance that even the newer Vue's have a chance to pull something from the other "duplicates" out there. Then again some might not want to chance it.

I've been looking into the rear disc brakes option, and I think you're right. It doesn't look much different from our own, and there's really not much to change at least for fit. I could be wrong, but the Equinox should have the same measurements as the Vue. Anyone able to answer that yet?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to Lusiphur220's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help Lusiphur220 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Lusiphur220 is offline   Reply With Quote