SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-20-2011, 05:03 PM   #1
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2
Default changing backup bulbs

***the title is wrong as i meant license plate bulbs but i can't change the title....

is it me or is it a major pain in the ass to change license plate bulbs on a 2001sc2? the screws rust in place requiring drilling out & i wind up replacing the outer plastic lenses as well as i destroy them while drilling out the screws. i wonder if using anti-seize will keep the screws from seizing up....

do any of the other bulbs on the car like the taillights/side markers give you any trouble like the backups? i noticed screws on the side of the rear taillights that might also freeze up?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-2011, 05:11 PM   #2
SLCraig
Master Member
SLCraig is on a distinguished road

1996 SL2
2000 SW2
Default Re: changing backup bulbs

I guess I am not familiar with the 3rd gen SC but all my sedans just had plastic light housings that have a clamp so to speak which you just squeeze and pull out. They are the easiest car ever for changing plate bulbs. Too bad the SC isn't setup like the other S-cars.

1996 SL2 5MT
1997 SL1 5MT
2000 SW2 5MT
All gone, but not forgotten.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to SLCraig's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help SLCraig reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
SLCraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:28 PM   #3
saturnsctwo
Master Member
saturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the roughsaturnsctwo is a jewel in the rough

2001 SC2
Default Re: changing backup bulbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCraig View Post
I guess I am not familiar with the 3rd gen SC but all my sedans just had plastic light housings that have a clamp so to speak which you just squeeze and pull out. They are the easiest car ever for changing plate bulbs. Too bad the SC isn't setup like the other S-cars.
on my car there's 2 plate bulbs & each one has 2 steel screws in them which screws into metal threads which rust up making it impossible to get them out without some serious drilling. stupid design......

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to saturnsctwo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help saturnsctwo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
saturnsctwo is offline   Reply With Quote