SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2011, 07:16 AM   #1
MartyL
MartyL is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-3 Sedan
Default Power Mirrors - not working

I went to adjust my power mirrors and neither is working. Power windows work just fine. Are they on a common fuse? IF not which fuse is for the power mirrors since the manual does not indicate that.

Thanks for the help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MartyL's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MartyL reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MartyL is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #2
jbcharger20
jbcharger20 is on a distinguished road

2005 ION-2 Sedan
1999 SL2
Default Re: Power Mirrors - not working

I am experiencing this same problem. Checked the switch wires for power and there was none. Checked what I think was all the fuses and all seemed good. Searched for answers on here and not having any luck. Also noticed my warning chime is not working either. Anybody know where to go from here?

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jbcharger20's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jbcharger20 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jbcharger20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
black04ion91
black04ion91 is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Quad Coupe

For the power mirrors not working you probably need to replace the mirror switch http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trks...at=0&_from=R40

Mine never worked from the day I bought it, then I bought the part off of ebay and now they work fine. swapping this part out took literally 5 minutes to do, I think it was just two screws that needed to be taken out of the door handle and then you could remove the switch.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to black04ion91's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help black04ion91 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
black04ion91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:27 PM   #4
MeanGreen
MeanGreen is on a distinguished road

2004 ION-2 Sedan

Check all your fuses?

2004 ION 2 Sedan
-Autozone short ram
-FE5 Suspension with Pedder springs
-4300k Hi-lo HID
-OPTX green underglow
-35% tint all around
-Kicker Audio all around

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to MeanGreen's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help MeanGreen reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
MeanGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #5
phreich
phreich is on a distinguished road

2003 ION-3 Quad Coupe

My daughter's Ion had a problem come up with the power mirror when the weather started to cool down. It wasn't the fuse. I drove her car recently to check this out. It turns out that the switch is getting less touch-sensitive. When I sharply "tap" the switch quadrants, then the mirror motors work. Gently pressing doesn't work. I am going to remove the switch, and clean it up and spray in some "DeOxit" into it, and that hopefully will cure the sensitivity (or lack thereof) issue.... WD40 might also clean the internals of the switch, but Caig DeOxit actually removes oxidation on contacts.

Caig DeOxit has solved a number of switch and contact related issues for me over the years. It was suggested by a friend of mine who was an electronics service tech. I believe you can find it on Amazon, or at any electronics supply house (not at Radio Shack). I also use it on oxidized light bulb contacts -- basically it can be used anywhere in an electrical circuit that has some kind of mechanical connection.

I hope this helps....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to phreich's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help phreich reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
phreich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:06 PM   #6
lgodave
lgodave will become famous soon enough

2003 ION-3 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreich View Post
WD40 might also clean the internals of the switch, but Caig DeOxit actually removes oxidation on contacts.
WD-40 is a wonderful product (like Duct Tape) but (just like Duct Tape) it shouldn't be used for Electrical Repairs. It may work in a pinch but not the proper tool for the job.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lgodave's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lgodave reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lgodave is offline   Reply With Quote