SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-30-2011, 06:49 AM   #1
dave380
dave380 is on a distinguished road

Default Difference between Ion 1, 2, 3?

I have a 2003 Ion, but I wasn't the original buyer. From what I was able to find doing a search, the difference between the Ion 1, 2, and 3 is trim level (which I understand to mean feature package?).

I was just curious exactly what the difference was between them, and what do I have? I have a 2003 Ion four door sedan with automatic transmission and power locks. Everything else seems pretty standard (manual windows, no remote doors or start, etc).

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by dave380; 06-30-2011 at 06:56 AM.. Reason: forgot some info

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to dave380's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help dave380 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
dave380 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
davidsky
Master Member
davidsky will become famous soon enoughdavidsky will become famous soon enough

2005 ION-1 Sedan
Default Re: Difference between Ion 1, 2, 3?

Sounds like an ION 2, the ION 1 usually doesn't even have the power locks (mine doesn't)
One way to tell is by the wheels if they're stock
ION 1s have 14" steel rims tire size 185/70/14
ION 2s mostly have 15" steel rims tire size 195/60/15
ION 3s have 16" alloy rims tire size 205/50/16

Member of the Crank Window Club

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to davidsky's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help davidsky reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
davidsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
lgodave
lgodave will become famous soon enough

2003 ION-3 Sedan

I'd agree with Level 2. If you only had a moment's look (comparing in a lot)... The IP Cluster on a '03 ION-3 would have White Gauges. (Along with the Remote Entry, Power Windows,tire/wheel size etc.)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lgodave's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lgodave reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lgodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
snakes
snakes has a spectacular aura aboutsnakes has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

sounds like a level 2. I have an 05 Ion 1. It has no power locks and has crank windows. came with 14 inch stock wheels. Everyone laughs at me because I dump all this money into mods for the car but still have the crank windows,lol

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snakes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snakes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #5
lgodave
lgodave will become famous soon enough

2003 ION-3 Sedan

Snakes- Just be happy knowing you don't have the wiring issues that come along with the power windows/locks. On my Second repair (haven't dug in there yet) for the Driver's side power lock.
(Works when door closed or nearly. When open switch is non-functional, but lock continues to respond to "remote" command. So it ain't as bad as the first repair.)

You don't have that worry. Course you don't have TC, ABS, etc. so .

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to lgodave's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help lgodave reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
lgodave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
snakes
snakes has a spectacular aura aboutsnakes has a spectacular aura about

2005 ION-1 Sedan

Hello, I am sorry to hear about those probs. When I had my Honda the motor went on my power windows. Unfortunately I had to pay someone to work on it because I am not a Mechanic and dont know sh**t about my own car,lol. I know with my luck I prob would have probs with a power package in an my Ion. I wanted to install a remote start yrs ago and two places turned me down because they said that the Ions are electrical nightmares. not sure how true that is but the dealer told me no to do it also. so I've been even paranoid even not to install an aftermarket stereo and remote start. Thanks for helping me with the Tranny Questions. I pressed them and got the brand name and it is in spec.Thanks again, Dave

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to snakes's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help snakes reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
snakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
2006 ion2
Master Member
2006 ion2 will become famous soon enough2006 ion2 will become famous soon enough

2007 ION-2 Sedan

aftermarket stereos are no problem. remote starters can be a PITA on any car, though. passlock also typically doesn't seem to like remote starters, from what I've heard.

2007 Saturn Ion 2
2003 Chevrolet venture lt

trifecta dealer for the U.P. and WI. There is no two door ion. Proudly driving one of the last saturns produced before gm killed the brand.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2006 ion2's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2006 ion2 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2006 ion2 is offline   Reply With Quote