SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn S-Series > S-Series Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
hiddindragon08
hiddindragon08 is on a distinguished road

Default Saturn SL1 2002 - Cig lighter fuse location?

Sorry, posted this in the wrong area of the forum originally.
Hey guys, I've been checking everywhere online to find out which fuse is for the lighter and haven't been able to. I don't have an owner's manual - although I've got this huge book of 93-2002 saturn service manuals but I cannot find any diagram for 2002 that has the cig lighter fuse location.

I bought this car off my best friend from the Army, and it doesn't have the fuse box cover that apprently has a diagram on it. Didn't pay much so I'm not complaining

Anyone have a diagram or picture of the diagram from their cover I could use as a reference? I'm not really proficient with cars but learning as I go along,

Thanks

-Ryan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to hiddindragon08's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help hiddindragon08 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
hiddindragon08 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-29-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
fdryer
fdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant futurefdryer has a brilliant future

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan
Default Re: Saturn SL1 2002 - Cig lighter fuse location?

Look here;
Attached Images
File Type: gif console.gif (29.5 KB, 112 views)
File Type: gif instrument panel fuse box 1.gif (35.3 KB, 110 views)
File Type: gif instrument panel fuse box.gif (32.2 KB, 106 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #3
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2

These are the location diagrams for the UHJB and I/P Panel.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Selection_121.jpg (60.8 KB, 126 views)
File Type: jpeg Selection_120.jpeg (116.7 KB, 126 views)

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to OldNuc's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
OldNuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
madpogue
madpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to beholdmadpogue is a splendid one to behold

1996 SW2

^^^^^ Check the BODY fuse in the interior panel (see above).

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to madpogue's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help madpogue reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
madpogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #5
OldNuc
OldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant futureOldNuc has a brilliant future

1998 SC2

In the 2000+ it is labeled as LIGHTER. BODY did not make much sense to the mases....

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Rate the quality of this post and help OldNuc reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:23 PM   #6
wwpwin
wwpwin is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up Re: Saturn SL1 2002 - Cig lighter fuse location?

Thanks OldNuc for the underdash fuse diagram! I have a 2002 Saturn SC2 and my fuse block door panel didn't have a diagram on the back of the door panel either! Maybe fell off? I have the manual but the manual only shows the lists of fuses and not the diagrams for them. My tire inflater blew my fuse.Now I can get er replaced!

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to wwpwin's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help wwpwin reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
wwpwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 04:28 PM   #7
OldNuc

1998 SC2

The electrical system will not tolerate extra loads. Connect tire pump direct to battery. You do not want to find out what happens when you seriously overload the interior electrical system.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Old 09-14-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
alordofchaos
Master Member
alordofchaos is just really nicealordofchaos is just really nicealordofchaos is just really nicealordofchaos is just really nice

1998 SL2
1997 SC2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwpwin View Post
I have a 2002 Saturn SC2 and my fuse block door panel didn't have a diagram on the back of the door panel either! Maybe fell off?
Were they printed on a piece of paper and glued on?

On my 2nd gen car, the diagram is molded into the plastic. A bit hard to read without good lighting and my bifocals but no worries about ripping it or falling off

...Wait, what, I actually won that eBay auction? Guess I now (12/2008) own a 1998 SL2, silver, 5 spd :p 102k @ purchase, now 169k
And now (7/2010), a Craigslist 1997 SC2, white, 5 spd

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to alordofchaos's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help alordofchaos reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
alordofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:09 AM   #9
TXSaturn02
Master Member
TXSaturn02 will become famous soon enoughTXSaturn02 will become famous soon enough

2002 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by alordofchaos View Post
On my 2nd gen car, the diagram is molded into the plastic. A bit hard to read without good lighting and my bifocals but no worries about ripping it or falling off
Same as 3rd Gen. I guess they (Saturn) bought some cheap ones from a cheap source. Or maybe the original was lost and replaced with an after market???

2002 SL2 Manual - new in November, 2001
Sticker: $13,995 As of 07/14/14: 194,301 Miles

2013 Mazda 3 HB - new in October 2012
Sticker: $20,850 As of 07/14/14: 10,364 Miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TXSaturn02's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TXSaturn02 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TXSaturn02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #10
TXSaturn02
Master Member
TXSaturn02 will become famous soon enoughTXSaturn02 will become famous soon enough

2002 SL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldNuc View Post
The electrical system will not tolerate extra loads. Connect tire pump direct to battery. You do not want to find out what happens when you seriously overload the interior electrical system.
If you are lucky, the device will just not work when you plug it in. But, yeah, I'm glad I've never found out. This is why cops are no longer allowed to jump start stranded motorists around here - their electrical systems can be seriously damaged by doing so.

2002 SL2 Manual - new in November, 2001
Sticker: $13,995 As of 07/14/14: 194,301 Miles

2013 Mazda 3 HB - new in October 2012
Sticker: $20,850 As of 07/14/14: 10,364 Miles

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to TXSaturn02's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help TXSaturn02 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
TXSaturn02 is offline   Reply With Quote