SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Categories > General Saturn Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2014, 08:58 AM   #1
irish56
Advanced Member
irish56 is just really niceirish56 is just really niceirish56 is just really niceirish56 is just really niceirish56 is just really nice

1999 SC1
Default The Saturn dealership experience is alive and well at Tesla Motors

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...m-the-factory/

Quote:
The delivery guy walked me through the car’s operation, helped me set up my phone and answered my incessantly stupid questions. At the end of it all, more Tesla employees were there to wave goodbye. One shook my hand vigorously and said “congratulations.” Everyone was so happy. I’m in PR and can spot a fake smile from space. These guys seemed to really like the idea of getting up and going to work every single day. When you’ve just made a major purchase, it helps to make the person feel like they’ve made the right decision.
This all sounds VERY familiar to anyone who bought a Saturn new at a dealership, doesn't it?

'95 SL1 auto (RIP)
'98 SL2 5sp (RIP)
'01 SL2 auto (RIP)
'99 SC1 auto (Mom's...keeps on truckin')

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to irish56's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help irish56 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
irish56 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2014, 09:36 AM   #2
mikec
mikec will become famous soon enough

Default Re: The Saturn dealership experience is alive and well at Tesla Motors

Yes. The only difference is that a Tesla Model S costs about 5 to 6 times what the average Saturn used to cost.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mikec's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mikec reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mikec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 08:56 AM   #3
irish56
Advanced Member
irish56 is just really niceirish56 is just really niceirish56 is just really niceirish56 is just really niceirish56 is just really nice

1999 SC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec View Post
Yes. The only difference is that a Tesla Model S costs about 5 to 6 times what the average Saturn used to cost.
Right. It's odd that we expect top-notch service when ordering a $50 steak dinner, but are willing to accept second-rate treatment when buying a $22,000 sedan.

Even a guy buying a new Mitsubishi Mirage should expect first-class customer service. He's spending thirteen thousand dollars, ferchrissakes. That's two weeks' work for surgeon or almost a year's work for someone making minimum wage.

'95 SL1 auto (RIP)
'98 SL2 5sp (RIP)
'01 SL2 auto (RIP)
'99 SC1 auto (Mom's...keeps on truckin')

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to irish56's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help irish56 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
irish56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 02:06 AM   #4
cityhawk
Master Member
cityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to allcityhawk is a name known to all

1993 SW2
2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish56 View Post
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...m-the-factory/

This all sounds VERY familiar to anyone who bought a Saturn new at a dealership, doesn't it?
Having bought two Saturns new from Saturn of Norwood (Massachusetts), I frequently lament the loss of the Saturn retailer experience. There was nothing like it in the non-luxury car price range. (and I agree with your other sentiment!)

Saturns:
1993 SW2 MT 179,000 hard Boston city miles ("Rozzie")
Gone but not forgotten:
2001 LW300 ("Elle")
1999 SW2 MT
Project cars:
1966 Corvair Monza convertible
1928 Ford Model A Tudor Sedan

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to cityhawk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help cityhawk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
cityhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:14 PM   #5
KCW
Advanced Member
KCW is on a distinguished road

2004 VUE 2.2L

The average sell price of Tesla is now over $100,000

For that kind of money, the car would have to produce a continuous orgasm every time I drive it.

Nissan Leaf after tax breaks is only $21k.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to KCW's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help KCW reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
KCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 01:27 AM   #6
L300Boy
Master Member
L300Boy is on a distinguished road

I work with a few Tesla owners, and they typically have spent $55k-$70k on their cars. (my friend ordered a 40kWh model, which accounts for the lower price) It looks, feels, and drives like a car of that price... if not at the top end of what you would expect.

I don't understand why on earth Tesla is any different than any other expensive luxury car. You don't see anyone complaining about 7 series pricing.

Where the Tesla will shine is its zero maintenance and up to a 10x reduction in fuel cost. With that, it becomes economically equivalent with less expensive cars.

But anyway, i'll keep my 3 year old LEAF instead.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to L300Boy's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help L300Boy reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
L300Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 11:39 PM   #7
2NDSOUT
Master Member
2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough2NDSOUT is a jewel in the rough

1994 SL2
1999 SL

Because EVERY Average Joe and Average Jane can go into a Tesla dealership and buy a Tesla...

Give me a large break.

While I am all for Electric vehicles- no one in Average world is going to be able to afford an Electric vehicle if they are over $40K!!!!

I think it is easy for anyone to say that they CAN afford it- if they are making bank money, but to those of us who are working to support a family- it is ridiculous that Electric vehicles aren't more affordable.

My theory goes back to the EV-1; had GM not decided to literally crush the potential future capabilities that those cars could have had- the Volt and all of the additional Electric cars that are out now could have been much more affordable so that everyone could at least have a chance to own or at least, lease an electric vehicle.

Just my thoughts.

Bryan

94SL2 HCE, "Pearl"

99 SL

94SL2 260K Miles
1/15

97SW2 266K Miles
2/15

Always
94SC1 340,501 Miles
Org. Engine/Auto Trans
2/97-10/08
Gone 3/12

92SL1
05VUE
91SC

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to 2NDSOUT's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help 2NDSOUT reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
2NDSOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:41 AM   #8
asim595
asim595 is on a distinguished road

Yes, He has high experience of dealership and sell many products at high profit.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to asim595's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help asim595 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
asim595 is offline   Reply With Quote