SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn Ion > Ion Tech
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2011, 12:30 PM   #1
chrisk
chrisk is on a distinguished road

Default coolant level sensor

Hello, I have a 2007 Saturn ION with ~81 K miles, recently my coolant indicator flashes on the dash readout, but my temp guage is always fine and floor boards aren't wet at all and i havent noticed any leaks anywhere, when driving for a few minutes, and goes away after a couple of seconds. I did have to add a little dex cool 50/ 50 to the expansion tank, it was a little (not much) below the cold fill line. And the coolant indicatior is still coming on. I have read online that the coolant level sensor might be bad and want to check this. I have 2 questions

1. Is the coolant level sensor the electical connection located on the bottom from of the resivoir tank?

2. I also noticed an electrical harness comming from undernath and behind the resivoir tank that is monted to the front body (directly behind the right front light assembly, under the hood) of the car, but nothing is plugged into at all? Is this just an extra connection for an extra acccessory? I really don't see anything that looks like it should be plugged into it?

Thanks in Advance for your help.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to chrisk's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help chrisk reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
chrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2011, 05:37 PM   #2
jball
jball is on a distinguished road

Dizzy Re: coolant level sensor

I had the same problem on my 2004 Saturn Vue with 57,000 miles. I had to replace the recovery tank, since the coolant level sensor was located inside the recovery tank. This design did not allow the sensor to be replaced without replacing the recovery tank. Please check to see if the coolant level sensor can be replace with replacing the recovery tank.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to jball's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help jball reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
jball is offline   Reply With Quote