SaturnFans.com
what's new (beta) - classifieds - forums - photos

Go Back   SaturnFans.com Forums > Models > Saturn L-Series > L-Series General
Register FAQ Members List Groups Calendar Chat Room Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2011, 08:18 PM   #1
vkw619
vkw619 is on a distinguished road

Default Need help! Saturn L200 2001 RKE not working

Alright hello everyone, I am a 17 year old and I am getting my license soon and am getting my dads old Saturn L200 but we have run into a bit of a problem. We can't seem to get the remote that came with it to work anymore. It slowly started to stop working when it was my sisters and now completely doesn't work. My father and I are searching for the antenna to see if we can get it to work.

We have replaced the batteries in the remote several times as well as tried 2 different remotes. We believe it is somewhere behind the dash but aren't sure. If anyone can please help us it would be greatly appreciated.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to vkw619's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help vkw619 reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
vkw619 is offline   Reply With Quote
SaturnFans.com Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-2011, 01:47 AM   #2
mattachuz
Advanced Member
mattachuz is on a distinguished road

2000 L-Series 2.2L Sedan
Default Re: Need help! Saturn L200 2001 RKE not working

Hey there,

I got my license recently and got myself a 2000 saturn LS1 (like the l200) and its a great car.

I later on got a RKE for it because the car had it but i didnt get one with the car, if you buy new remotes they have to be programmed by a dealer or a mechanic/friend with a Tech II device to plugin to the port under the steering wheel.

if you are using a old remote, when you changed the batterys did you:

1. see any corrosion
2. moved anything metal inside of it?
3. check behind the rubber for any dirt?

if no to all 3 of these, go to an autoparts store with a RKE tester, its usually a cardboard with lights on it and you press a button on the RKE FOB and the lights go off. if it does continue on..

final step i can think of,

hold the lock and unlock buttons together for several seconds and the car should do a re-sync procedure and the locks will cycle lock and unlock, forgive me because my owners manual isnt infront of me, you either do this with the key in the ON position or not, i believe it is with the key in ON and the car not started

finally this is rare but can occur, BCM RKE failure can occur and ive seen 1 post on here about it, where the BCM of the car works fine but the features of the BCM that do the RKE stop working. Check fuses and maybe pull the BCM fuse for about 10 minutes and then rehook it and then try the remotes/syncing the remotes.

HOPE this helps and goodluck with the new car man.

mi: 199,xxx

trips:

X = dest
O = ON way

home- Clovis, ca

Pismo Beach: xx
Morro Bay: oo
San Francisco: x
Los Angeles: ooo
Anahiem (disneyland): xxx
Tulare: o,(x-atleast 15)
Visalia: x

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to mattachuz's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help mattachuz reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
mattachuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 03:52 AM   #3
fdryer
fdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond reputefdryer has a reputation beyond repute

2003 L-Series 3.0L Sedan

Read the owner's manual for RKE info. Use only the original factory remotes that came with the car. Others will not work if it was not programmed to the car. New cars came with two remotes. Any additional remotes had to be programmed from the dealer. Be aware that this discussion is about factory remotes and not about any aftermarket remotes for starting or alarm systems.

The bcm does not have an antenna. There are many functions that the bcm has and if it fails it will cost several hundred dollars to replace and GM is the only place to replace them with new ones and program them. No one else can do programming. Used ones are hit or miss as the mileage is retained and cannot be changed.

Read past threads of the bcm functions and capabilities. Search threads about repairing remotes as this can help before deciding to buy replacements that will have to brought to GM with the car to program them to the bcm.

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to fdryer's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help fdryer reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
fdryer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 07:15 AM   #4
s3nfo
s3nfo is a jewel in the roughs3nfo is a jewel in the roughs3nfo is a jewel in the rough

2001 L-Series 3.0L Wagon

Have you tried the relearn proceedure? Do a search on "L series Remote Keyless Entry Relearn" and how to do it has been posted several times.

Jerry N

"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it, misdiagnosing it and then misapplying the wrong remedies."

Groucho Marx

REWARD EXCELLENCE!

Add to s3nfo's Reputation
Rate the quality of this post and help s3nfo reputation points. Click the reputation button near the bottom left corner of this message box. Thank you!
s3nfo is offline   Reply With Quote